Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a July 2018 V40 Cross Country Pro automatic recently from a Volvo dealer recently under the used car Selekt scheme. It's been driven a bit as it has over 10,000 miles on the clock. It was previously registered to Volvo so I suspect it was a lease vehicle of some sort. It's a lovely car, with lots of spec on it.
It's already been back 3 times, once for squeaky brakes and twice to find a leak causing rain water to drip into the passenger side footwell. They've had to replace a seal to resolve this.
I also asked them to balance the wheels because I've been sensing a vibration through the steering wheel from about 56mph to about 65mph. They say they've done this at it's last visit, but it hasn't gone away. I'm thinking of taking it to a small independent tyre place near to me to have the wheels rebalanced again - the dealer is over 30 miles from where I live and frankly I can't be bothered to go all that way again. If the problem isn't resolved I will have to take it back to the dealer.
As someone new to Volvo and the V40, is this type of problem common? Any suggestions if it's more than just the wheels needing balancing? Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
365 Posts
The symptoms appear to be wheel balance related, however have you checked tread depths on all 4 tyres ?
Is there more wear on 1 tyre than the others ?
Maybe tracking is out as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Stuart,
I'm going to get a second opinion from a local tyre place. I'm not having much luck with this car, the leak was supposed to be fixed but guess what? When it rained the other day there was evidence of water drips again.
Tim

·
Registered
268 Posts
Check that the drain holes at the corners below the windscreen aren't blocked with leaf debris. If they are blocked water finds its way into the car.

Swapping one wheel front to back would isolate the culprit for wheel balance.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm also experiencing steering wheel vibrations which I just noticed today when I got in the car to come home. Theres a noticeable vibration when idling, its not super heavy but I've not noticed it before. Vibration seems to die down when I get over about 35 - 40mph.

Any ideas anyone?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm also experiencing steering wheel vibrations which I just noticed today when I got in the car to come home. Theres a noticeable vibration when idling, its not super heavy but I've not noticed it before. Vibration seems to die down when I get over about 35 - 40mph.

Any ideas anyone?
Hi g0liath76, did you figure out what was the problem with vibration? I have a Volvo V40 R design 2016 D2 and recently started to experience vibration on the steering wheel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts