Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Driver door:
The door squeaks/vibrate like never before, the lock has been lubricated and adjusted several times, but the door squeak/vibrate as much now.

There is also some other vibration from the door, this you can stop some of the vibration by pressing on the two screws in the middle of the door.

Front right: vibration sound between plastic / carpet, the sound stops if you push on the carpet at random places

Front right around the speaker vibration sound is gone, but sometimes it sounds like something is loose inside the door.

Left backseat: vibration in or behind the handle, sounds continuously when driving on worn asphalt, the sound is present when closing the door.

Left front: the door is constantly unlocked, no way to open ....

Transmission / Engine: thumping/knocking sound when shifting 1-2 or 2-1 when the clutch is inside.

Going to the dealership tomorrow, need the door to work ASAP.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: The passenger door now suddenly works again.

It still seem strange....

At the passenger door is still not possible to open when I lock the car from inside, but the back doors is.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got a brand new D2 CC retal car now when my car is at the dealorship. No noises in this one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Vibration for right door and shift lever

Hi Kidu,
I also have the same problems as far as the right door and shift lever are concerned.
Also in my case the vibration stops by pressing on the two screws in the middle of the door.
Noise of the shift lever when shifting 1-2 or 2-1 when the clutch is inside.
I'm quite disappointed for these problems!
Please, let me know if your dealership is able to solve the problems.

Thanks you very much,
Giovanni

(Sorry for my bad English)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Front right door: lock has been replaced, now possible to get out!
Front left door: lock has been taken out and lubricated
Left backseat: they ordered a new handle
Front right: some isolation tape or something is placed on pipes for AC behind carpet
Tansmission: Lubricated and adjusted some screws

Transmission and vibration/sqeeks issues are still present. Will update if dealorship fixes more next time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Kidu,
if I understand all your car's problems have been solved but for transmission.

In particular are the door vibrations disappeared ? If yes do you know what have been done ?

Thanks you in advance !

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope, only one of the problems have been solved (door lock on the right).

Front left door: still some squeeks or something, sounds like the plastic is rubbing against each other... Cant locate it, some where around the B-pillar.

The right front door vibration is still present, driving me mad! :p Hope they can solve all of the issues before road trip in august.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got some noise as well. Cannot locate it, but I think is comming either from the left back-door or the frame just above. It will only happen at very low speeds.

I'll let you know what happened, hope to hear back from you as well.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
I also had the thumping/knocking noise on the motor when I changed gears, 1st and 2nd at very low revs when I had the T3. Personally, to me that is unacceptable, and comparing the D3 to the T3, it is like night and day.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I got some noise as well. Cannot locate it, but I think is comming either from the left back-door or the frame just above. It will only happen at very low speeds.

I'll let you know what happened, hope to hear back from you as well.
I too have this noise, cant locate it...

·
Registered
202 Posts
Rear near-side passenger door isn't unlocking for the last week of so and the drivers seat creaks under acceleration from a standstill. Both issues being looked at later this month.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Gearbox

Same here, squeaks in driver's door and knocking sound when shifting low gears. Going to workshop next week.
Manual gearbox, right? Another Volvo driver complaining about it. It is a design flaw, and people can say what they want, they are not going to change my mind.

Even my own dealership told me that there is to much movement from the motor and engine mountings, making that knocking noise. Apparently the older Volvo's had some catching mechanism that helped with this, and the new ones doesn't.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Inform us if they resolve the issue with the gearbox. I too have the noise when shifting from first to second gear.

T3

·
Registered
143 Posts
Unfortunately, neither resolved nor identified. Gearbox is fine, they said. That's a shame, as it's not smooth when shifting low gears.

Fortunately, nearly all squeaks in driver's door were eliminated, at least for now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts