Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a '04 V40 , and test drove it through town...nice . Hit the freeway on the way home cruisin' at 70...shut off the cruise ...and sudden vibration ...when l accelerate or brake , goes away. Turned wheel sharp at low speeds, right & left ...no CV noise ...any ideas ?

·
Registered
148 Posts
A bit more information? I assume you mean that shutting the cruise control caused it. So does this mean it also happens when you lift off the throttle? And putting back the throttle or braking stops the vibration?
If so it seems like the tyre alignment might be out because either of these actions pulls the wheels back or forward.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A bit more information? I assume you mean that shutting the cruise control caused it. So does this mean it also happens when you lift off the throttle? And putting back the throttle or braking stops the vibration?
If so it seems like the tyre alignment might be out because either of these actions pulls the wheels back or forward.
Thats exactly what it was ...thanks so much for your help !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts