Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I am sure there is a simple answer but how do I voice dial? My iphone is connected via Bluetooth but I've no idea how to activate voice dialing.

Many thanks

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hey guys,
I am sure there is a simple answer but how do I voice dial? My iphone is connected via Bluetooth but I've no idea how to activate voice dialing.

Many thanks
Hi, the voice dial activation button is above the EXIT button on the right hand steering wheel spoke controls by the thumbwheel.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Have you got RTI navigation? Voice dialing only works if you got Nav.

---------------------
Volvo V40 D2 Momentum, Ice White, Premium Sound, BLIS+LKA+RSI, TFT Display, Heated Windscreen, Rear Park Assist, Active High Beam

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you got RTI navigation? Voice dialing only works if you got Nav.

---------------------
Volvo V40 D2 Momentum, Ice White, Premium Sound, BLIS+LKA+RSI, TFT Display, Heated Windscreen, Rear Park Assist, Active High Beam
Surely you are kidding? My old 58 plate Nissan Note had voice activated dialing. What is the point of the Bluetooth system if I have to dial the number or scroll through the phone book whilst driving, this is surely as unsafe as texting.
I assumed I would connected my iphone and simply press a button to activate the feature.

Sadly im feeling having a Volvo was a massive mistake for me. :(

·
Registered
155 Posts
Unfortunately not kidding. Sorry to hear you are disappointed. Even the buttons will look differently, there's no button for voice dialing on the right hand spoke on the steering wheel of you don't have Nav.

My 06 Astra had it as well, so I was slightly disappointed too, but I didn't find selecting numbers from the phonebook that hard. For a couple of numbers I'm dialing most frequently, I use speed dial (2=wife, 3=home etc.).

---------------------

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
I personally don't like voice navigation, don't even use it on my Android, much quicker to just go to the place or app or type what your want

1 - 7 of 7 Posts