Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have paired my new Motorola android mobile in my Volvo V40 Crosscountry 2017 and although all works as it should, the volume is hardly audible even on max volume on media/radio control. Has anybody experienced a similar problem and was there a solution. I have tried repairing but it made no difference. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Have you tried turning up the volume while actually making a call and the volume on the phone it's self,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you tried turning up the volume while actually making a call and the volume on the phone it's self,
Hi, thanks for responding. Yes the phone is on max volume and I have turned the volume on the radio knob whilst receiving the call. On max volume it is nearly audible.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Have you tried connecting using a USB cable? That might prove it is the phone not the car. HAve you tried another phone?

·
Registered
58 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Excellent
Have you tried connecting using a USB cable? That might prove it is the phone not the car. HAve you tried another phone?
Hi Tony, I haven't tried either of those suggestions so will try. Volvo does indicate that some phones aren't comparable but I can't find whether Motorola is one of them. It is a new phone so don't think it will be the phone but could be incomparable. I will try your suggestions. Thanks.
I don't think audio is ever routes through the USB though so not sure that would prove anything.

I'd never heard of this setting, but might be worth giving it a try? Assume it's not just on Pixel phones - How to disable absolute volume on the Pixel 4 (and all Pixel phones)
Thanks for your response. You are correct thatvaudiovis not routed via USB. I thought you might have found a solution with the absolute volume but having disabled it there was no difference. I will try pairing my wife's mobile to see if it gives the same issue but as it is also a Motorola I may not be any further forward. Thanks again. Kevin

·
Registered
319 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Audio can be routed through the USB, and I listen to my iPhone this way all the time.
OK. Definitely doesn't work that way on an Android device though. The iPod source won't work (for obvious reasons) and selecting USB as the source just says unreadable.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Same problem with a Samsung-Android device connected with bluetooth : need to turn the knob when I listen to music on phone (with -RIP- Play Music).

And don't forgot to decrease volume before changing source :/

·
Registered
Volvo V40 Momentum R-Design D2, 2017
37 Posts
@KevH
Have you checked the list of compatible mobile phones? check the list on volvo site.
What´s your infotainment system, Sensus Connect? That has a Bluetooth Core version 2.1+EDR. It is possible that your smartphone doesn´t connect properly because of that...
I have some issues with mine, it's another brand, and with a research and some options in android, it's working fine

·
Registered
160 Posts
Had this on my iPhone. Solved by making a call (to the message centre) and adjusting the volume while the call was happening.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts