Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
A proud owner of a new V40 T3 Kinetic :) Picked it up in early Feb and it's been great so far. Couple of minor irritations though:

1) Entering names using 90's style phone keypad? When I got my smartphone 6 years back, I thought I'll never ever have to press multiple keys to enter one character! My new V40 brought back old memories... sigh! Luckily, Volvo is coming up with new Sensus Connected Touch, that can introduce touch capabilities for the Sensus screen (available as retrofit for existing 2012 models as well): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Drf4AHQ-3U4 I was told that it'll be available in May '13 in my country (Netherlands). No idea what it'll cost though!

2) Can't connect to internet by sharing my phone's internet connection. Doesn't it feel odd to buy something as substantial as a car in 2013 which doesn't connect to internet? Luckily the Sensus Connected Touch solves this problem as well. It can tether to your smartphone. Looking forward to it.

-Venkat.

·
Registered
50 Posts
At last! I have to admit having ordered my V40 R Design I was left a little less impressed than I would have been if it came with the Sensus Touch to begin with.

No doubt this is going to be expensive........ Any technical data anywhere yet for it?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Found some info on the system.

It's a Parrot OEM product (Asteroid) which should mean this is going to be a quality bit of kit.

Favourite function -> Mirroring. Displays a mirror of the app on a users phone through the Parrot SmartLink App. Nice!

It will connect via USB dongle or through your own Smartphone so no need for a dedicated SIM in the car.

Full details found here: http://www.parrotoem.com/en/news/zwo_modules/news/read_news?id=1361785785.04&instid=nouvelles

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, the price is announced: €1550 in Netherlands!
No, thanks Volvo :(

See:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151462400813427&set=vb.196908516995945&type=2&theater

·
446 Posts
Dear svs and Pegasus and all others in this thread.
As I can find no information in my country (Greece) about this system (haven't asked yet the official importer VolvoCarsHellas, but asked my dealer and they knew nothing!), I would like to ask you if you have any kind of information on the system itself, e.g.
- will it be smthng like a Bluetooth car kit, offering connectivity through Bluetooth (not existing in my car, for obscure reasons not to be mentioned now!),
- can it be retrofitted on a car with a 5'' screen, or will there be un upgrade to 7'' screen available etc.

Price is the least important thing for me, at least at this point.
Or, I would be grateful if you could direct me to some sites with information answering the above questions I have.

Thnx !

·
Registered
50 Posts
It's a full touch controlled multi media system that will fully integrate with your car. It replaces the existing entertainment system and does offer Bluetooth.

Not sure if you'll be able to fit it to a 5" current model as it only mentions it as an option for current 7" owners.

One of the best functions is app mirroring of apps running on your iPhone. Great for navigation apps! Have a look at the Parrot OEM website for more technical information.

·
446 Posts
Pegasus829 said:
It's a full touch controlled multi media system that will fully integrate with your car. It replaces the existing entertainment system and does offer Bluetooth.

Not sure if you'll be able to fit it to a 5" current model as it only mentions it as an option for current 7" owners.

One of the best functions is app mirroring of apps running on your iPhone. Great for navigation apps! Have a look at the Parrot OEM website for more technical information.
Thnx a lot !

·
Registered
44 Posts
raytint said:
Dear svs and Pegasus and all others in this thread.
As I can find no information in my country (Greece) about this system (haven't asked yet the official importer VolvoCarsHellas, but asked my dealer and they knew nothing!), I would like to ask you if you have any kind of information on the system itself, e.g.
- will it be smthng like a Bluetooth car kit, offering connectivity through Bluetooth (not existing in my car, for obscure reasons not to be mentioned now!),
- can it be retrofitted on a car with a 5'' screen, or will there be un upgrade to 7'' screen available etc.

Price is the least important thing for me, at least at this point.
Or, I would be grateful if you could direct me to some sites with information answering the above questions I have.

Thnx !
same thing in Athens
dealer has no information-price yet...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
tsopanoskylo
Volvo V40 Forums
If you've ever wondered what modifications or upgrades you can do to a Volvo V40, this is the right owners club for you.
Full Forum Listing