Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I admit I got the first V40 R Design in Kent 8 weeks ago and it's still turning heads...I love this car in Lux Nav spec and can almost feel Audi drivers looking at it in their mirrors!
The only thing (in reality) I struggle with on my car is that the wing mirrors should go into auto-dip mode when you go into reverse gear otherwise, she's a pig to park! Also, if you have the R Design spec, Volvo should make sure the driver's seat is electrically adjusted otherwise it's all twists and turns to adjust everything...oh and agree with a thread that it's hard to tell if dipped beam is activated!
Otherwise, this car is a real pleasure and happy to share other views as we understand

·
Registered
196 Posts
Interesting on the seat - we went for the power drivers seat option but mainly because my wife and I have a 1 foot height difference, the power seat has memory so we can avoid the 'never get it right' seating...rear parking sensors too, not sure if that eases the lack of auto-dip on the mirrors or not?!?

·
Registered
70 Posts
You can adjust the mirrors to go into 'dipping' mode. You can have either the left, right or both dipping when you put the car into reverse. It was the first thing that I set up on mine. I think you are right about the Audi drivers as well, maybe it's because them cars have not changed too much in 10 years......they are boring. Also, I had one as a hire car and had a stiff back after my journey, unlike the seats in my V40 as they are so comfy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
V40 D3 R-Design Lux. Rebel Blue, Auto Dim Mirror, Memory seats/mirrors, Lux winter pack, DAB radio, Rear Camera, Privacy Glass, Floor divider.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Auto dip door mirrors are only available if you have shelled out for the power seat and memory.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
been a few days since posting this thread and nice to see a few comments...interesting comments about the auto dip mirrors, but the electric seat adjustment is a must as on long journeys you need to tweak the position a few times! must go and review the manual! Cheers guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.