Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have a Volvo D2 Cross Country, 4 months old, 3,500 on the clock, very lightly used ie mostly short trips. Whilst cleaning the floor wells I noticed the front and passenger side car mats badly worn on their base.

The black/rubber type substance has worn away, leaving the plastic weave of the actual carpet on show. The wear is greatest at the drivers heal but as said, the front passenger mat shows excessive wear as well. Back mats are unaffected, due to being rarely used.

All mats have a Made in Poland and part no. attached. Maybe your mats are made elsewhere. I can't see them lasting another 3 months.

Anyone else with the same problem? Unfortunately this wasn't picked up at the 3,500 inspection.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi

I have a Volvo D2 Cross Country, 4 months old, 3,500 on the clock, very lightly used ie mostly short trips. Whilst cleaning the floor wells I noticed the front and passenger side car mats badly worn on their base.

The black/rubber type substance has worn away, leaving the plastic weave of the actual carpet on show. The wear is greatest at the drivers heal but as said, the front passenger mat shows excessive wear as well. Back mats are unaffected, due to being rarely used.

All mats have a Made in Poland and part no. attached. Maybe your mats are made elsewhere. I can't see them lasting another 3 months.

Anyone else with the same problem? Unfortunately this wasn't picked up at the 3,500 inspection.
I have the same issue R design 3 mths old 3,000 miles. volvo replacing mats under warranty and again I suspect in another 3 mths.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to everyone so far, I would say over 25% of the back has come off, the rest is just flaking away, there is a white residue covering the back of the mats, could have been the adhesive.

First Volvo, in fact first new car and it's always nice to know "your not alone".

Love the car, looking forward to the better weather and light nights to appreciate it more.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Possibly a bad batch, I have had my D3 since Dec 12. Low mileage user these days.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
I replaced the carpet mats with the rubber mats, and they are awesome. With kids in the car climbing in the car coming form school, always have dirt under their shoes, or it is wet, you just take them out at home, shake them off, wipe with cloth, and put back. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.