Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I was reading up on some features and i bumped on to the Volvo On Call application, to remotely check and do some things with your car

Google Play said:
Starting from model year 2012, Volvo now brings you the abillity to access your vehicle from your Android device. This requires that your vehicle is equipped with a Volvo onCall Telematics unit. If your vehicle conforms with these requirements you will, depending on your model be able to:
- See vehicle dashboard values, such as fuel level, trip meters, and more, in the App.
- Control your fuel fired parking heater, if the vehicle is equipped with a fuel fired parking heater.
- Locate your vehicle on a map or using the vehicle signal horn and turn indicators.
- See the current status of doors, windows and locks for your vehicle.
- Lock and unlock the vehicle.
- Request road side assistance from the App.
- Have an electronic driving journal, that will create trip reports for every trip made with the vehicle.
Even though you do not currently own a Volvo conforming to the requirements above you can still install the App and use it in demonstration mode, in-order to see some of the functionality offered by the Volvo onCall Telematics system.
I was wondering
1) whether every Volvo V40 has the Volvo onCall Telematics system (that is needed to use this application) or which option package it was? (can't seem to remember i saw this as an option or find it back in the options listings?)
2) whether anyone of you is using this application right now ?

·
Registered
214 Posts
It's a separate option that you need to select when you order you're V40.
Is not included in a pack just a separate option.

Got it on my V40 and it works great.. very handy.
No need to remember where you parked you're car..

Just use the Volvo on Call app to navigate you back to the car by foot.
(Well you need to have internet connection on you're phone off course).

And handy to check if you're car is al right when you're at home or at the Office or anywhere else..

Downside is you're Volvo needs to have contact with Volvo on Call service..
So when you are parked underground you don't have contact with you're car.

Also has track & trace if my V40 get stolen.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Does anybody know if tqhis can this be added at a later date?? ie, when you already have the car.

·
Registered
196 Posts
It might be possible if its prior to the completion date, i.e. not off the production line yet. As for after taking delivery, I doubt it very much as its a build in option rather than a bolt on.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Is only possible from factory.. Not possible after delivery.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts