Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm struggling to find the fuel filter of my V40 2.0 T3 2016. In my local car part shop the gave me a Bosch fuel filter referenced (see pics bellow) as compatible with my car by I was unable to locate it.

Does someone have more informations about the location of this filter ? Is it replaceable ? My v40 have 70.000 km

Motor vehicle Gas Automotive tire Cylinder Automotive design

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mhmm when I look underneath mine to right next to Tank. But I can’t lift up my Car and show it.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
and does it looks like the Bosch on the pics of my first post ? Is it hidden by a cover ? Because I look everywhere between the tank and the engine, only the canister was visible

·
Registered
2017 V40 T5
42 Posts
and does it looks like the Bosch on the pics of my first post ? Is it hidden by a cover ? Because I look everywhere between the tank and the engine, only the canister was visible
Yeah there should be a Cover but the Filter can look different then the Bosch one.
When you look underneath the car and you see your Tank it’s somewhere right next to it and probably in the direction to the engine.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, I had the same issue finally I wrote to a Volvo dealer. I have the 1.5 T3 but its the same as the 2.0 t3. So the solution: There is no fuel filter in this version! Actually there is fuel filter but its built in the fuel pump! I think you don't have to change it too often.. It can changed only together with the pump. Take back to the shop this Bosch filter its for the older 1.6 Ford T3.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Not all petrol cars have external fuel filter.
For some markets there is, where they have bad petrol fuel. But for Europe it is missing and they rely only on the internal filter inside the fuel tank, not serviceable.
You can check what is the situation on your car. If there is an additional external filter, such on the photo with aluminium body, it is located under the car, near the fuel tank. Just follow the fuel pipes from the tank to the front of the engine under the car and will see.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts