Volvo V40 Forums banner

Volvo V40 2014

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  RotiniDre 
#1 ·
Hi,
Just bought Volvo V40 D3 CC it came with good few extras but main headlights are standard. I’m looking to change them to the same model lens one with original xenon light kit. Is it easy job to do it and is it easy to program them to existing computer? Do I need to run any extra wires/ change fittings. Also is anyone already done that that can advise 100%

#2 ·
I would say most of these things (conversion) can be done at great costs. Also I'm not sure about the regulations in your country, but here in UK, if you put xenons, you need to also have self-leveling, and headlight washers. Are you looking for brighter headlights, or more stylish ones? In the meantime you could try Philips Xtreme Vision +130 or Osram Nightbreak Unlimited bulbs to see if it helps, else the former route at great costs. Someone in the forum actually converted them directly to the Thor Hammer style LED headlights from Xenon though, perhaps they still have the xenon units somewhere.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.