Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys , i wanted before to buy a volvo 2013-2014 v40 but i read a lot about the previous engine and i was not very confortable buying that one, i put little more money and i choose this 2.0 D2 120 Hp instead.
To be honest i choosed this engine because i didnt want the other one but i have no really enough information about this one,stupid i know but this happens when you are an impulsive buyer :D

Overall is a good engine ? a better one atleast than the previous ones ?

Down is a picture with the car,i wait for her to come this Saturday , thank you !

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
It looks a good car. Hope you enjoy it. I have only ever driven the 1.6D but it has never given me any problems.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello guys , i wanted before to buy a volvo 2013-2014 v40 but i read a lot about the previous engine and i was not very confortable buying that one, i put little more money and i choose this 2.0 D2 120 Hp instead.
To be honest i choosed this engine because i didnt want the other one but i have no really enough information about this one,stupid i know but this happens when you are an impulsive buyer :D

Down is a picture with the car,i wait for her to come this Saturday , thank you !
[/Q

Good day new VOLVO owner.

My humble opinion on your reason for not buying the MY2013 or MY2014 is for what reasons did you decide on buying the 2.0 D2? You did not mention what model of the MY2013/2014 were you looking at, D2, D3, D4 or perhaps the T2, T3, T4, or T5.

I drive a MY2014 T5 2.5, 5Cyl 187 Kw with 130 000km with not a single glitch or any problems whatsoever......a SUPER vehicle. Remember also that the V40 has been discontinued in manufacturing and any V40 will become a collectors vehicle depending on how well you take care of it. My other 2 VOLVO's are MY2004 S60 2.0T, 5Cyl with 248 000 on the clock with NO problems ever an a MY2018 D3,2.0 4Cyl with NO problems whatsoever.

To add to my happiness, i have fitted a RaceChip PRO+ to my T5 and what a totally different vehicle. Fuel economy increase to 12.8 Km to a litre, increase in power from 187Kw to 243Kw and 120Nm more torque.....and all comes with a warranty from RaceChip PRO if ever you have problems due to the RaceChip PRO, they will carry costs..

Only my personal opinion
Regards

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have 1.6D and have driven few hours with 2.0 and I like more 1.6D. The 2.0 has felt more inert and loud, I also heard that it has some issues, since it is new engine.
1.6D is PSA motor and is used in more cars for a longer time, it has a proven reliability and is probably one of the best motors from PSA group.

But of course newer year is always better, so if you can afford it, why not

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello guys, so the car has finally arrived , i have drive her arround 200km in a mountain zone , with snow on the ground, somehow in Norway still winter in this period, and the car was amazing to drive .
I felt very safe driving her , the automatic gear i felt was very smooth, and the consume was around 7l / 100km but on a difficult road, im pretty sure can be better on eco mode and better road.
I felt the 120hp are enough for me didnt felt like the car is lazy,anyway im not a very crazy person about power, i just need to feel safe when i do a takeover so was very good from this point of view.

The sound quality in the car i tought is very nice, also the chairs , confortable , the leather feels soft on touching and the chair somehow covers you.

Is

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[
Good day new VOLVO owner.

My humble opinion on your reason for not buying the MY2013 or MY2014 is for what reasons did you decide on buying the 2.0 D2? You did not mention what model of the MY2013/2014 were you looking at, D2, D3, D4 or perhaps the T2, T3, T4, or T5.
Hello , thank you for your answear.
I was looking first for a D2 1.6 but i read on forums that has some problems, after i spoke with a friend who worked for volvo and he told me like that engine is actually good if you change the oil and filters on time...but i already changed my mind and i go for the next model , was little better looking with the lights and less km's ofcourse.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts