Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm driving a volvo v40 cc t5 RS awd 2013 stage 2 330 HP.
Lives in Stockholm (Sweden).
Works at Volvo

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm building a new engine for the car. The bottom comes from a volvo v40 t5, the top comes from a Ford focus rs mk2. Will be bigger turbo, etc. The target is about 600 whp.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hi Hockne,

it looks absolutely stunning! I cannot imagine AWD T5 with 330 hp as I have a stock T5 245 hp FWD and the acceleration seems fast enough to me :-D My V40 is still under warranty so the only way for tuning is either Polestar or Heico, both rather focused on torque increasement instead of hp for better mid-range power. What are the 0-100 km/h figures for your V40?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Hockne,

it looks absolutely stunning! I cannot imagine AWD T5 with 330 hp as I have a stock T5 245 hp FWD and the acceleration seems fast enough to me :-D My V40 is still under warranty so the only way for tuning is either Polestar or Heico, both rather focused on torque increasement instead of hp for better mid-range power. What are the 0-100 km/h figures for your V40?
Hi. I have the old 5an in my car, so it's almost the same engine as the ford focus rs mk2. Unfortunately, I have no paper on the effects. But it comes with the new engine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
@Hockne awesome build! I just bought a beautiful 2016 T5 CC with Polestar ECU and am studying up on what to add first. Did you get a chance to run the car with the d088 intercooler without a remap? Or were all the performance gains only after you reprogrammed the ECU? Thanks for the tip, I'm seeing if it's worth getting the do88 if I'm gonna be holding off on another remap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts