Volvo V40 Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
We are talking about startup here, not driving, just a small puff of white smoke....nothing to do with the air compression or moisture!! And moisture does not look like white smoke, there is a very big difference.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Because it doesn't make any sense fuel would only remain in the cylinder if the temperature is between 9 and 13 degrees outside. It would make sense if it happens under any temperature / circumstance but that is not the case.

Honestly this sounds like a software issue, more so because the Ford / Citroen cars don't seem to have this issue but use the exact same engine. There is a software update available at the dealer I didn't get because it reduces power in first and second gear, but that might very well fix it.
I have citroen... same issue. software checked

·
Registered
3 Posts
I woul say it is more too much diesel injected on startup at surtain temperature range. In my case, after first startup, if i shut down engine and start again in just one minute- same smoke again. So that is why i think it is not fuel left in cylinder, but duel injecting in that moment

21 - 23 of 23 Posts