Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a volvo v40 D2 - 2015 model R Design. Only bought it back in March, on the way home from the garage the engine management light came on. Took it to a local dealership where they informed me it was the EGR valve which came under a recall. Since this, my car has been using 0.5L of oil at around 1000 miles. Took my car for a oil consumption test, now at 460 miles my dash states it needs another 0.5L of oil. Obviously I will need to ring the volvo dealership as it has already failed the oil consumption test, im wondering if anyone else has had similar problems and what was the diagnosis? Im concerned it is piston rings, however car isnt driving any differently or producing smoke. If I am looking at piston rings what is the cost likely to be? TIA

·
Registered
19 Posts
My D4 did the same. Mechanic recommended to have a fresh oil regardless the age of the old one. Since then seems ok. 5000km. I'm having a liter of 0w20 in the trunk just in case.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have the same model and year, I haven't noticed excess oil consumption in the 5 years I have owned it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts