Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a Volvo v40 d4 and I have been thinking I’d like to upgrade it in the near future.
problem is I’m not a massive car guy and don’t know much about cars so what are the first things I should be looking at?

ive been thinking of getting:
  • custom remap
  • upgraded clutch
  • exhaust cutout valve?
  • brakes

I’m not sure if I’m looking at the correct areas to upgrade but I’m certainly wanting more power so a remap is a must. What parts would I need to upgrade if I were to remap?
also, id like to hear more noise from the car but don’t necessarily want to purchase a whole new exhaust system. Would a butterfly valve be a good idea with this car?
Any suggestions whatsoever would be great, apologies for how much of a rookie iam lol

thanks!

·
Registered
341 Posts
A custom remap is always nice to have.;)
Depending on how much extra torque you get, you can also think of a clutch upgrade.
Upgrading brakes is not needed, unless you are going to race on a track.

·
Registered
2015, Volvo v40 d4, manual
4 Posts
Hi. I have dtuk box on mine d4 and you can feel difference, also been interested valve exhaust, because sharing car with my half and need something quite with switch for me😂. I'm thinking about Tony Banks in Leeds, know they doing valve exhaust but will be helpful if someone have any experience with sound on diesel engine

·
Registered
2015, Volvo v40 d4, manual
4 Posts
I did few mods up to now, just to look better, what I like, change wheels for 18's st, dechroming, de badging, painted callipers blue, also paint black mirror covers and diffuser with tail pipes. this week going to light tint back lights, need to change springs for eibach as already have them in shed. I now probably not someone taste but just trying to get my v40 like I like. Mechanically just add dtuk box for more power and torque. Hope you can see photos as I'm newbie

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts