Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just thought I'd post some pics showing my volvo v40 in rebel blue five years after purchasing. Still in really good condition as it is my pride and joy. Love the rebel blue colour as its so striking and had very little in the way of problems with the vehicle which is a bonus. The only change to the original vehicle is the wheels have been refurbished and painted shadow chrome as the diamond cut alloys were starting to corrode but I think the shadow chrome really compliments the vehicle. I'll be gutted when the time comes to get rid of the vehicle but I think after five years it's held up well.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I like this rebel blue paint, it stands out. Not a common sight though. I have seen only a couple of them since 2013. It's nice to hear that the car brings you so much joy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Love it and I like your passion for maintaining it so well for 5 years. Heres mine in mussel blue 3 years old. Had it just under 6 months and can't fault it. Had a little issue with a clutch squeak but the volvo garage sorted that quickly. Got to say It has exceeded my expectations. Looks fantastic, particularly from the front. Drives a dream, just feels so smooth transitioning through the gears and the steering just glides too. The built in sound system as well is just brilliant, crisp sounds and perfect bass.

My only issue is one which could happen to any car I guess, when you have a car you love and want to preserve it is a real nuance when you pick up the inevitable stone chips of which I have a fair few and I've noticed a couple of light scratches too which were there when I bought it. Slightly scuffed an alloy as well. These kind of things really grind on me but I guess that's just me.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Almost exactly 5 years since we got ours as well and we still love it.
Can't think of any suitable replacement from any current car manufacturers model range whatsoever, though an XC40 might just be acceptable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts