Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i've been looking around a bit on the forums and been wanting to gather some inspiration for some modifications.
I have a 2014 Rebel Blue V40 D3 Momentum R-Design.
I have been looking at doing a tune for the engine (either BSR or Rica) suggestions open! I have the 5 cylinder 2.0 turbo diesel so not the VEA engine!
Also lowering the car by 30mm
Swapping the side mirror covers to carbon fiber ones.
Adding Wind deflectors, front and back.
Adding mudflaps front (volvo original)
Possible Chrome delete around the windows? Does anyone have Wind deflectors (black) together with the chrome window outlines? Unsure how it would look.¨
Painting the brake calipers, not sure which coulour. Either silver or gloss black suggestions open!

Regards Daniel

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same engine, BSR chip 199.9 PS with Bilstein + eibach B12 for kit 18 ”225/45. the chrome would leave the blue paint. calipers mam blue, you give too !! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will dramatically reduce the resale value of the car.
Car may be uninsurable and unstable lowering it 30mm
You have a nice car as it is sorry
I'm pretty sure im not gonna lower it there is alot of nasty speedbumps around where i live!
Just wanted to hear peoples opinion.
What would lower the resale value you mean?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the same engine, BSR chip 199.9 PS with Bilstein + eibach B12 for kit 18 ”225/45. the chrome would leave the blue paint. calipers mam blue, you give too !! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How do you like the engine tune? big difference?

What do you mean by "the chrome would leave the blue paint" Sorry i dont understand what you mean.

Also which colour is mam blue :)?

·
Registered
166 Posts
From experience with previous cars, fitting sport suspension makes a huge difference in handling.
Cornering, braking as well as road stability at speed and even improved miliage.

Speed bumps are not a real issue you should worry about. It's steep inclining driveways that are an issue.
Previous car was lowered 60mm and I never ran into a situation where it was too low.
It was a officially homologated set (in Belgium) with required so called GoCa attest to get though MOT.
Insurance will not be an issue if you follow your countries regulations.

Also, if you look closely under your front bumper there is a removable lip. Its about 2cm just below the painted part.
Its not the bottom plate, nor the little bottom plate between your bumber and bottom plate, but just an unpainted lip in between.
If there would be issues you could always consider removing that to compensate for the road clearance.

Springs, coilovers or fully adjustable. That's a good question that I'm currently debating myself.
Some people on the forum are very happy with just the springs. Actually I didn't know yet about the B12 Bilstein combo.
I would always prefer fitting the proper shockabsorbers as well, since you would be putting more strain on standard shocks at shorter bump travel.

The options that I have found:
- Eibach lowering springs (220€)
- B12 set Eibach and Bilstein (945€)
- Eibach adjustable full coilovers (1050€)
- ERST creme de la creme, who can afford this :) (2500€)

Pricewise, the Eibach springs are a steal, but it's a tough choice.

With regards to dramatically lowering resale value. True, you won't find many people willing to buy a tuned car, I wouldn't buy one myself either.
However, if you are not planning to sell your car (just bought mine) and value the driving fun that you gain then I don't see the problem.
You can even revert to original tune and suspension later if you would want to do so.

@Rodm3n looking pretty slick, very nice :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
From experience with previous cars, fitting sport suspension makes a huge difference in handling.
Cornering, braking as well as road stability at speed and even improved miliage.

Speed bumps are not a real issue you should worry about. It's steep inclining driveways that are an issue.
Previous car was lowered 60mm and I never ran into a situation where it was too low.
It was a officially homologated set (in Belgium) with required so called GoCa attest to get though MOT.
Insurance will not be an issue if you follow your countries regulations.

Also, if you look closely under your front bumper there is a removable lip. Its about 2cm just below the painted part.
Its not the bottom plate, nor the little bottom plate between your bumber and bottom plate, but just an unpainted lip in between.
If there would be issues you could always consider removing that to compensate for the road clearance.

Springs, coilovers or fully adjustable. That's a good question that I'm currently debating myself.
Some people on the forum are very happy with just the springs. Actually I didn't know yet about the B12 Bilstein combo.
I would always prefer fitting the proper shockabsorbers as well, since you would be putting more strain on standard shocks at shorter bump travel.

The options that I have found:
- Eibach lowering springs (220€)
- B12 set Eibach and Bilstein (945€)
- Eibach adjustable full coilovers (1050€)
- ERST creme de la creme, who can afford this :) (2500€)

Pricewise, the Eibach springs are a steal, but it's a tough choice.

With regards to dramatically lowering resale value. True, you won't find many people willing to buy a tuned car, I wouldn't buy one myself either.
However, if you are not planning to sell your car (just bought mine) and value the driving fun that you gain then I don't see the problem.
You can even revert to original tune and suspension later if you would want to do so.

@Rodm3n looking pretty slick, very nice :)
Exactly, everything i suggested in my post can be reverted before a sale. I would keep all the original parts so i dont see the issue.
I don't even have to tell anyone that it was tuned before i sell it unless they ask ;) I just bought it 3 months ago so not considering getting rid of it anytime soon!

·
Registered
153 Posts
This was mine.. before I had the calipers painted P* blue and had the mirrors wrapped:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This was mine.. before I had the calipers painted P* blue and had the mirrors wrapped:

Yep i've been looking through your posts by random and really liked the looks, shame all of the pictures you've uploaded in the past were gone!
Really appreciate a fresh photo :D!
Sick car mate.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yep i've been looking through your posts by random and really liked the looks, shame all of the pictures you've uploaded in the past were gone!
Really appreciate a fresh photo :D!
Sick car mate.

Ya, so now I know FB pic links dun last forever! :D Thanks for your good words... here's a couple.

Bonus vid:

Reactions: Hockne

·
Registered
398 Posts
Nice one..I was looking at the pictures, thinking, the background looks like either Singapore or Malaysia, then I saw your info as Singapore...shame in 10 years all cars have to go. Dad had to do that with his beloved Mini Cooper...

·
Registered
153 Posts
Wow nicely tuned man. How is the handling with the Eibach spacers and springs. Big difference?

I actually had it installed the same weekend after I got the car.. but I'm sure there was appreciably less body-roll during spirited driving, especially with the latter.

Nice one..I was looking at the pictures, thinking, the background looks like either Singapore or Malaysia, then I saw your info as Singapore...shame in 10 years all cars have to go. Dad had to do that with his beloved Mini Cooper...
Ya.. systems sucks. Whereabouts are you now anyways?

Cruelirony: just set my ex-V40 FB album to "public": https://www.facebook.com/axl.ang/media_set?set=a.10153791607545980&type=1

·
Registered
398 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
153 Posts
Really nice!
Ask where does the wing come from? ?
Then i'd like to know where the bonnet air intake comes from?
Thanks Hockne. Description of wing and intake vents in signature below. Both items were from aliexpress.

HTH.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts