Volvo V40 Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
On a positive note, the Ford suspension, handling and brakes does make the V40 fun to drive. Not like the old Volvo barges.
That PSA 1.6 is even in the older BMW minis, causing havoc with them too.
True... I suppose when the time comes, replacement of worn parts will be reasonable too.... like my pal who buys vw touarag brakes for his Porsche cayenne

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hello All - Wanted to give you an update. It's taken them two and a half weeks to fix as it was such a big job.

Just got it back this evening - The car is only 4 years old and only has completed 45,000 Miles. It has been fully serviced by Volvo.

Outcome:
Head Gasket had blown - Needed replacing (Thermostat was OK)
Required New Fuel Pipes & a Completely new set of Gaskets
Oil Filter and Engine Oil Change

Total Price - £1996

·
Registered
200 Posts
That's lucky!
Sounds like you spotted it just in time, didn't get chance to overheat too much and do more damage. Had it been during a hot summer on the A303 you can imagine the outcome!

·
Registered
166 Posts
tell you something, I wish id looked here before parting with ten large, not that good these V40's are they.....
Personally I've not had a problem in 5 years of ownership. Better than other cars I've had

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just got it back this evening - The car is only 4 years old and only has completed 45,000 Miles. It has been fully serviced by Volvo.
Outcome:
Head Gasket had blown Required New Fuel Pipes & a Completely new set of Gaskets
Oil Filter and Engine Oil Change Total Price - £1996
well, at least shes sorted....
if that was a golf, similar failure miles and history, vw would pick up most of the bill

·
Registered
49 Posts
Personally I've not had a problem in 5 years of ownership. Better than other cars I've had
lucky man! local dealer had my car for 19% of the time I owned it. and its going back next week for the same clutch fault, 1500 miles since replacement. smile and wave....

21 - 28 of 28 Posts