Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As it seems the V40 (T4, automatic & manual transmission) is getting a proper performance treatment by Polestar:

http://www.polestar.se/el-gr/models/v40-t4-fwd-6-2013/

·
Registered
52 Posts
does the 285nm torque include the overboost? the original overboost seems to be captured in some, but omitted in others.. what gives?

polestar is quoting 240nm as the "before" and 285nm as "after". If the original overboost of 30nm is kept same, does it mean there is only +15nm or are they understating and the actual is closer to 315nm??

any idea how much this would cost?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Overboost would be available only when kicking it ;)
After tuning overall more torque through the full range.
Not impressed with the increase however... But it is with factory warranty.
Costs would be around 900 euro I believe.

·
Registered
196 Posts
That's not too bad, it is only a 1.6 lump after all. Sure you could get more out of it but as the cost of reliability.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I don't think the power is too much for the front wheels. The T4 really needs some more power especially in 4th/5th gear. It would be great to increase the torque over 300. I have seen Audi TTs (front wheel only) with 265HP power at the front wheels so the 200HP won't be that much.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Awd is both on the normal as the Cros Country T5...

·
Registered
13 Posts
My t4 with downpipes, full exhaust, FMIC and TIV map is currently putting out 236bhp & 232ftlbs and is now perfect. Just ever so slightly quicker than my buddy's c30 t5

·
Super Moderator
630 Posts
My t4 with downpipes, full exhaust, FMIC and TIV map is currently putting out 236bhp & 232ftlbs and is now perfect. Just ever so slightly quicker than my buddy's c30 t5
So I assume you kissed your warranty goodbye

·
Registered
10 Posts
For all those hoping for a D4 version here's polestar's response :-

"We’re currently conducting pre-studies and test for the D4 engine. Unfortunately I cannot say when and if a product will be available,
as this is based on the outcome and technical possibilities. Our website www.polestar.com will be updated whenever we release a new
software.

"

At least they are testing & based on other D4 versions here's hoping to the 215 bhp although that is for AWD automatics....

·
Registered
227 Posts
well 300 i think would have to be a starting point the t5 is after all a old motor and 325 seams to be the norm for a starting point

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
About this Discussion
39 Replies
19 Participants
denn1s
Volvo V40 Forums
If you've ever wondered what modifications or upgrades you can do to a Volvo V40, this is the right owners club for you.
Full Forum Listing