Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it would be fun to start a thread where we could "name that film" whenever we see it has a Volvo in it. It's one of my favourite things about owning a Volvo that they appear in so many films (disproportionate to their commonality I think?)

So I have a few to start off ...

Mrs Doubtfire (850 of the 90s I think??)
American Horror Story (Xc90)
Twilight (C30 - cosmic white like my old one lol)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Tiff, haha, that is a LOT of films and a LOT of Volvos! Glad to hear I'm not the only one whose ever noticed this!

Needless to say looking at this page isn't part of this little game!!!!

It's amazing what you notice when you are subconciously looking for it.

·
Registered
945 Posts
The best, the p1800 in the saint.

Wasn't Han Solo's wife driving one in prat riot games.

There was a teen flick I watched the other night where some girls talked a geeky lad in to using his mums Volvo to try and find her little bother (dressed as Spider-Man with 1 arm, it is Halloween) they crash into a drive through and drive off with a giant chicken humping the Volvo (I am on the series of film14. ;0). )

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Marc something of a theme with the Twilight films? (The C30 was the exact same visually as mine though! -even though in the US I think it was a 2.5L petrol turbocharged version??? Mine was the piddling 1.6 petrol!)

@denn1s I will have to check those films out - wonder if they will be on Netflix?

@wizzy I wish I had seen V40s on TV - haven't seen any but will check out New Tricks !

I remembered another one -

Stuck In Love (not actually a cheesy chick flick despite the name! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2205697/) - The hero of the story (the troubled writer) has a V70 I think?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hear No Evil, See No Evil had a 780 in it if I remember correctly. My wife was watching something last night when a 240 spun out and hit a tree..and Bad Boys had a 240 estate in it too. Uh-oh, this may be a long thread!

·
Registered
153 Posts
I watched this a couple of weeks back - Rallybrudar.

Couple of Swede chicks rallying in classic cars (including Volvos of cos), what's there not to like? ;)

Trailer:

Full car cast: http://www.imcdb.org/movie.php?id=1139805

·
Registered
196 Posts
@Marc something of a theme with the Twilight films? (The C30 was the exact same visually as mine though! -even though in the US I think it was a 2.5L petrol turbocharged version??? Mine was the piddling 1.6 petrol!)
Visually as in you both had black lower trim I guess. You're right though, just the T5 in the US, and a **** sight cheaper there that it was here. As for the Volvo theme in the Twilight films, I believe they had a partnership hence why they stuck with evolving Volvo models.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.