Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
Have found myself now waiting for my first Volvo.
Have ordered a V40 D2 SE NAV CC after my curiosity got the better of me and we went to a dealership for a test drive.

My 18month old Freelander 2 GS was hurting the wallet to run a little too much and the lack of spec was getting to me. So ended up going a bit mad on the options ending up with the Xenium , Drivers and Winter Packs, Privacy Glass the TFT and a gear knob that lights up (why oh why :) - then the Mrs saw you could have heated rear seats and the flexi load so those went on as well.

Dealer was good with p/x and what I think was a good discount (always go at the end of the month :)). Its in white with the 2 tone interior.
Should arrive end of April as they managed to get changes into a car they had on order before the build freeze went in.
Still not sure if the basic car gets the grey plastic side bits as some of the cars the dealer had did have them and others did not so guess they may not be standard.
Looking forward to playing with all the gizmos - any tips welcomed - thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Pixter
Welcome.
Many moons ago, I had a Freelander 1. One of the worst cars I've ever had, and certainly one of the most expensive for repairs. Everything went wrong with it.
I hope your wait for your V40 goes quickly. Mine should be over in 7 days.
What was the "build freeze" that you were talking about?
Anyway, congratulations on your choice. Sounds great.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I also moved across from a Freelander - a 2004 HSE.

On the contrary to the post above, mine was brilliant. I bought it as a cheap winter hack to get me through one winter, ended up keeping it for 3 years and 40 thousand miles. Never went wrong, consistently managed 40mpg and really comfortable, auxiliary heater to pre-heat the car in the winter, I've-cold air con in the summer.

Back to the Volvo, the grey plastic bits you mention are probably the Croos Country styling pack, it's an additional option pack. Don't think I've ever seen a CC without it though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My Freelander was a 98 petrol. I believe the diesels were a lot better.
Anyway, it appears that V40s are very reliable.
That's all I'm interested in now.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"Build Freeze' was my phrase for 'the last date they could make a change' :)

Have to say the Freelander was nice to drive and had no problems but the spec was very low even on the GS model - no auto wipers or lights, small mono chrome screen, poor quality stereo. Also found the MPG of 36 just too low.

So cannot wait for the CC as it does not just look great but the kit will be fab.

Seems I will not be getting the plastic side bits but did not think spending £695 on the styling kit was worth it.

Does anyone know a good place for GAP insurance?

Going to be a long wait !!!!!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hello Pixter,

I am also waiting for my new V40 D2
I ordered the kinetic in blue biarritz with the tft display and the business pack (Greek version).It should arrive mid June.
Congrats on your choice.
Please share your first impressions.

Regards from Athens,
Dimitris

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well, I'm off to bed and picking up the car first thing tomorrow.
It's been a long wait but it's almost here now.
The build week is March 24.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I'm off to bed and picking up the car first thing tomorrow.
It's been a long wait but it's almost here now.
The build week is March 24.
Hope your pick up went well - looking forward to the pics :)

Still waiting confirmation of date but dealer still saying 24-26th of this month

·
Registered
32 Posts
Would like to post some images of my new V40.
I'm so happy with it.
Without overdoing it, I'd like to say that it is SO PLEASANT to drive.
Don't think I've said that for a few years.
Here's the back.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's a top car Zigger, makes me more impatient !! How you finding it?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi All - Dealer says they have not got the chassis number yet and delivery is supposed to be in 10 days time??? does that seem right.
Starting to feel I will not get the car this month :(

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi All - Dealer says they have not got the chassis number yet and delivery is supposed to be in 10 days time??? does that seem right.
Starting to feel I will not get the car this month :(
Hi Pixter
I only got mine after delivery to the dealer. It was at the dealer for six days before I got it.
If you're tracking it on My Volvo, it's not an exact science. I presume you're tracking by order number.
There's nothing else for it but to ask the dealer to let you know when they take delivery, and to let you have the VIN number as soon as they can.
Stay patient my friend.
:D

·
Registered
85 Posts
My car still has no chassis number ext. on My Volvo and i collect it on Tuesday. It was delivered to the dealers on the 9th, i know because I have been down and seen it, it even had the number plates on. Have faith it will be ready.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks All - dealer came up with chassis no today :) and confirms all looking good for the 26th :) :)
Agree re on-line tracking, it says its not even in production !!
As you say must keep the faith but hopefully the long wait (well not that long really) is almost over.
Had a look at the quick start guide you can download - I have gone for the PCC Keyless option - I assume this does not include opening the car just by pressing part of the handle with the key in your pocket, only reason for asking is that the quick start guide shows a system which has a sensor on the handle but cannot see that as option you can have on the CC?? - any thoughts Thanks All

Reactions: ZiggerZagger

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wouldn't be able to help you about keyless entry.
I have a standard 5 button key. It locks/unlocks doors as per normal, has a boot only function, an alarm function, and starting is button push.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The My Volvo app now says 3 weeks for delivery but the dealer assures me it will be with them Weds and I can get it on Sat...6 days to go :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.