Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Volvo V40 CC D2 2015

My alarm went off this morning for no reason, upon checking the car, the warning symbol has appeared and won't go off. I've also got a message that I don't seem to be able to read, when I choose it the graphic of the car interior shows on the speedometer. This graphic now displays all the time along with the warning light. Just this evening the alarm went off again randomly.
I've checked all doors/bonnet/boot all closed correctly. Looking at the manual and across the forum I can't figure out whats going on, anyone got any ideas before I take to the garage?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Although the bonnet may be closed, if the switch has developed an intermittent fault it can trigger the alarm but not necessarily show the bonnet is open as the fault goes away when you cycle the alarm.

That has happened to me a few times

Reactions: reb_dj

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Although the bonnet may be closed, if the switch has developed an intermittent fault it can trigger the alarm but not necessarily show the bonnet is open as the fault goes away when you cycle the alarm.

That has happened to me a few times
Thanks for that, will just try and get it to the garage asap as I'm locking without alarm to stop it going off randomly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts