Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Then unlocking. Then locking again. ARGH, it drove me bonkers the other day while I washed my car.

What kind of inane system have Volvo put in the car that means any time I swish the sponge or even a bit of water over the handle, the door locks do the fandango?

I don't suppose there's a "car wash" option in the settings somewhere is there?

·
Registered
202 Posts
That's a weird one! Possibly faulty electronics in the door behind the handle or water is getting in to it?
Washed mine at weekend and several times before, this has never happended.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Bit of a coincidence, washed mine for the first time - had exactly the same problem. REALLY annoying.

Think I'll leave the key out of range next time.

·
Registered
382 Posts
If I open the door once then mine doesn't automatically re-lock. I don't have keyless though! Just ordinary "fob-in-dash-til-it's-running" system.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Honestly, it was blooming constantly waggling it's morrors backwards and forwards while I was giving it a scrub.

Next time I'll leave the key indoors - not sure about leaving them inside though, I'd hate to get locked out!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Had this "problem" initially, until I realise a simple fix would do. Just place the key in a secure spot 3m away - done! :)

Fyi I have the keyless system.

·
Registered
202 Posts
All makes sense now that it's been mentioned about having keyless entry ;)

·
Registered
945 Posts
Gt hinges like this I is why I hate keyless entry/start, is it such a chore to press a button and pop the fob in a slot? (Grumpy old man typing)

Try having a car that doesn't even have central locking or electric windows ........ It adds to the involvement of driving

·
Registered
395 Posts
Gt hinges like this I is why I hate keyless entry/start, is it such a chore to press a button and pop the fob in a slot? (Grumpy old man typing)

Try having a car that doesn't even have central locking or electric windows ........ It adds to the involvement of driving
Anyone remember the days when you actually put the key in a slot and turned it to unlock the door? And had to open the window and manually adjust the wing mirror? Or even worse, had to ask the missus to stand by the wing and adjust the mirror whislt you sat in the car shouting instructions???
OldCroc

·
Registered
945 Posts
Anyone remember the days when you actually put the key in a slot and turned it to unlock the door? And had to open the window and manually adjust the wing mirror? Or even worse, had to ask the missus to stand by the wing and adjust the mirror whislt you sat in the car shouting instructions???
OldCroc
Welcome to the world of the Lotus Elise

(To all, sorry for the typing on the previous post, silly Ipad trying to guess what I wanted to type and getting it wrong:dodgy:)

To the Forum moderators, can you change the edit function so you can edit it at any time, 10 mins is not enough.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Welcome to the world of the Lotus Elise.
Funnily enough, I've got the other half S2 at the moment - I only ever get it when it need fixing or a service...

The sheer indignity of having to get the key out, manually unlocking etc is palpable. Not to mention getting in and out of the thing... :)

Which one have you got?

·
Registered
945 Posts
Funnily enough, I've got the other half S2 at the moment - I only ever get it when it need fixing or a service...

The sheer indignity of having to get the key out, manually unlocking etc is palpable. Not to mention getting in and out of the thing... :)

Which one have you got?
Your better half has got an early S2 as the later ones got lightweight electrics (central locking and electric windows).

Mine is a S1 with full sized ills so even harder to get in (they chopped a couple of inch out of the sill beams on the s2 to make them easier to get in and out of) but I do have a wireless:D:

Do you go on any Lotus sites?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nice pics - the car is slightly out of line in the first one so I'm afraid you're going to have to take it again. ;-)

She's got an '02 K-series and I've finally finished it's service - what a sod those things are to work on!

I've not tried an s1, they must be agony to get in and out of ifd the sills are even wider.

We're both on Seloc - I've been asking some stupid questions lately...

·
Registered
945 Posts
They are bad to work on, just work out how long the job should take then x4, I take it you did a cam belt, I did mine last summer but then got hgf about 2 month later, Sod's law.

What is your I.D on seloc I'm on SELOC, NYLOC & MLOC as............Dennis

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.