Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I found a interesting point for those of us that want to watch dvds while driving or should I say while doing less the 20kph.
Drive in reverse .There was a accident on the highway and we had to go back to the off ramp it was only a few hundred meters so I reversed even at 40 kph the screen does not switch off in reverse I guess the rear camera overrides the switch off input but even if you do not use the camera you can still watch dvds .There goes there story the dvd player is linked to the abs sensors crap .abs still works in reverse the sensors cant work out direction. I see another mod kit coming .

·
Registered
22 Posts
When I used to have my Audi A5, it had a dvd player. I bought the VAG COM cable and it was a simple on off value on the computer. Does the V40 not have the same port in or around the steering wheel? Perhaps video in motion can be enable this way?

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Haha, I see a few Volvo's driving on the highway in reverse.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rear camera

This is one of the things that I checked first - putting it into reverse. My screen still switches off at 10km/h in reverse.
do you switch off rear camera after moving or deselect it before moving if you start moving deselect camera dvd keeps running if you don't and deselect camera before moving dvd stops playing .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.