Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On occasions when pulling away from stop there is no response, then all of a sudden the power returns when I press halfway with the accelerator the car goes with a jerk, this sends me lurching forward, could it be water in the diesel?
Paul.

·
Registered
274 Posts
If it coincided with either filling up or running the tank to nearly empty maybe. Water usually sits in the fuel filter.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply hullu, It can happen with a 3/4 tank, at the moment Iam showing 2 bars on the fuel gauge.
Can you think of any other problem that may be causing the loss of power randomly.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Is it a loss of power? I have been caught out more than once by turbo lag when hitting the accelerator.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Veeorty Deetoo and Tony1,
What it seems is that there is no response from the accelerator, you have to put your foot down that extra 2/3 inches for it pick up then it shoots forward at a rapid pace. It may not happen again for some time, but there is plenty of power - never did it once while I was towing a few weeks ago, but did so prior to towing I covered over a 1,000 miles this year towing.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hi Veeorty Deetoo and Tony1,
What it seems is that there is no response from the accelerator, you have to put your foot down that extra 2/3 inches for it pick up then it shoots forward at a rapid pace. It may not happen again for some time, but there is plenty of power - never did it once while I was towing a few weeks ago, but did so prior to towing I covered over a 1,000 miles this year towing.
I get that every now and then, I just put it down to turbo lag

·
Registered
113 Posts
the plot thickens... im steering away from water in diesel, boost pressure sensor, maybe an air leak on a vac pipe? hopefully one of the expert diesel folk will be along shortly:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts