Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
Last week i noticed quite alot of water on the floor in my car. I am quite unsure how long it has been like this, but i as mentioned i have known for 2 weeks.
I used a vaccum cleaner to suck at all the water that i could, on both left and right side. After a day(And a drive) all the water had returned. I'd assume its about 4/5 L water all togheter, which is quite alot to have inside the floor of your car.

I have removed the passanger car seat, but that didnt give any indicators to what the problem might be. The walls/roof and everything else is also dry. THe ONLY thing that's wet is the floor itself, nothing else.
I have tried to check all the logical places the water may have entered, but i dont see anything.

Is there a possibility that it's the foot warmers under the seats? Since the water is on both the left and right side?
The water itself is just clear water, it's nothing out of the ordinary with it.

Its also not the front window.

The car is a V40 from 2015.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hello!
Last week i noticed quite alot of water on the floor in my car. I am quite unsure how long it has been like this, but i as mentioned i have known for 2 weeks.
I used a vaccum cleaner to suck at all the water that i could, on both left and right side. After a day(And a drive) all the water had returned. I'd assume its about 4/5 L water all togheter, which is quite alot to have inside the floor of your car.

I have removed the passanger car seat, but that didnt give any indicators to what the problem might be. The walls/roof and everything else is also dry. THe ONLY thing that's wet is the floor itself, nothing else.
I have tried to check all the logical places the water may have entered, but i dont see anything.

Is there a possibility that it's the foot warmers under the seats? Since the water is on both the left and right side?
The water itself is just clear water, it's nothing out of the ordinary with it.

Its also not the front window.

The car is a V40 from 2015.
Have you checked that under the scuttle panel is clear could be blocked drain holes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you find the source of your problem? I have a similar issue in a 2016 V40, only its the rear left passenger floor only. Properly soaked all the foam beneath the fabric. What ended up being the fix?
Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts