Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks

Had our new V40 for three weeks now and love it to bits - have washed and waxed it more times than we did our previous S60 and we had that for six years! Our new baby has been out in heavy rain a few times and one niggle has been the pooling of water between the tops of the rear door seals (both doors) - this results in the rear seats getting dripped on as soon as you open the doors. Water isn't leaking into the cabin when driving, but the door jamb and sills looked like they have had a good shower after each trip. The seals don't looked damaged and just wanted to check if water is meant to run between the seals and pool? Don't recall it happening on the S60.

Thanks for your help.

Phil

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yes I think I had a similar issue when I opened rear doors when it had been raining and the water seemed to go everywhere. Rain due this week so will have another look, don't use rear doors that often.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many thanks for the responses.

Just gave her another wash and noticed that the door jambs and internal seals are getting quite wet when hosing down - nothing getting through to the inside cabin though (until you open the door!). Perhaps the doors are designed to do allow water through, although I thought the external seals would have been more effective.

Sun has just come out, so time to take her for a spin.

Thanks again.

Phil

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello again

More rain showers today, so thought I would take a couple of pictures to illustrate the water/seal issue - pictures are of sills and jambs. A colleague, who has a new V40 also, hasn't come across this phenomena so I mentioned it to our dealer and they are happy to take a look at the seals and door alignments. Will let you know how I get on.

Thanks

Phil

Attachments

·
Registered
718 Posts
That is definitely not normal. I don't get that much water on the sills and jambs even when using a pressure washer, and certainly not after heavy rain.

Reactions: VoodooBOB

·
Registered
159 Posts
I get a little water down the door jambs, but nothing like the amount shown in the photo's. You would imagine that if the doors were out of alignment by a significant amount, that there would be an increased wind noise as well?

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
I also don't get much water in the inside the doors, I also don't seemto have problem with my door seals, but then I have other problems again (suspension again!!).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I haven't noticed any significant noise and certainly no different to my previous S60. Now booked in for 9th July and dealer said they will check seals and alignment, so will see what comes back. No other issues other than a slightly misaligned bonnet and my colleague's V40 has a rubber weatherstrip on the front edge of the bonnet and ours doesn't - I am sure it will all be sorted in a couple of weeks.

Will keep you posted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.