Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there to all,

I have the issue when start the car and releasing the clutch and just before the wheels start to roll, some weird metal sound is hearing for a second or two and stops. Also I noticed the sound when I'm going reverse. So it's noticed just when going reverse (especially expressed on hills reversing) and when I'm moving after I stop the car (when initially moving the car). I try to consult the friends and google it, some people says it could be whole clutching set or lamella or worse flywheel, which would be devastating for me and cost me so much to fix it :/
I drove my V40 D2 2014. to mechanic and he said it could be flywheel or clutch set but he's not sure.

Does anyone had the same or similar issues?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Pretty sure that's just the brakes making that sound. Happened all the time to my Dad's previous BMW's. Nothing to worry about I wouldn't think.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty sure that's just the brakes making that sound. Happened all the time to my Dad's previous BMW's. Nothing to worry about I wouldn't think.
How could brakes make the sound, when sound is happening when Im releasing the clutch?
And I changed the whole upper set of brakes this month.

·
Registered
440 Posts
wondering if it could be hill hold in action, though I'm not sure HH works on reverse, I have an auto so can't test

·
Registered
327 Posts
I think hill start assist works in forward or reverse gears, i'll check next time I need to reverse up hill

·
Registered
31 Posts
I drove my V40 D2 2014. to mechanic and he said it could be flywheel or clutch set but he's not sure.
What type of sound is this - rattling noise or screeching? Latter could be brake pads as mentioned in replies. Do you have a response on the clutch pedal when you release it - like does it give a pushback, do you feel?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
airco off?
What type of sound is this - rattling noise or screeching? Latter could be brake pads as mentioned in replies. Do you have a response on the clutch pedal when you release it - like does it give a pushback, do you feel?
Its not rattling, it is like metal scrtching. No pushback on clutch, just hearing that sound somewhere in front and when wheels starts to roll it stops.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Might be the clutch release bearing?

Do you tend to sit in traffic with the clutch down and in gear, or in neutral with the clutch up?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Unlikely to be the release bearing - they tend to go early if people leave the car in gear with the clutch down.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts