Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not meant to be a show off thread just interested to hear..

We didn't have much choice as had to pick a car in stock.

- Full dead cow vs the nubuck / leather combo
- Metallic paint - not much choice as wanted silver
- Steering wheel force adjustment (woo hoo)
- Heated seats - toasty bum in winter!!

Really wanted to get Driver Assistance Pack but again none in stock in the colour missus wanted.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I got most things - mainly because it was an ex manager car, was in stock with a good spec and I wangled a good price.

To be fair, the driver assist package is a bit pony...

The lane keeping aid is amusing to start with and fun for scaring passengers. :) The adaptive cruise control is pretty good but isn't great when trying to "make progress". BLISS is very useful but I think I might get lazy and stop doing shoulder checks if I'm not careful.

I like the parking beepy thing too - only used the park assist a few times though - thismorning it managed to bump up the kerb!

Oh, and the sat nav is not that accurate. I think I would feel pretty cheesed off if I'd paid full whack for all the options but as it is I'm still enjoying my V40!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Went for winter pack, lux pack, tinted windows, 18"ixions. Sat nav was a stupid price I don't understand it! And all the driver aid stuff v expensive too!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Not meant to be a show off thread just interested to hear..

We didn't have much choice as had to pick a car in stock.

- Full dead cow vs the nubuck / leather combo
- Metallic paint - not much choice as wanted silver
- Steering wheel force adjustment (woo hoo)
- Heated seats - toasty bum in winter!!

Really wanted to get Driver Assistance Pack but again none in stock in the colour missus wanted.
I have the driver pack. No seat warmers though. Just make sure you dont turn them on by accident in the summer lol I did that in our other volvo whoops

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
should come in handy in the winter I have them in the Passat as well and good on those chilly Melbourne winter mornings.... Also if you go to the snow.

Can't you also option heated steering wheel and windscreen in Europe?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I also got a car in stock to get a deal so didn't get much choice. Ended up with
-Winter Pack. Love all the features and would get it again.
-Cruise control, hardly ever use it.
-Flexible load floor, Still not figured out the point of this
-rain sensor, Another feature I would pay for again.

Would like to try out some of the driver support pack and would also have loved some parking sensors.

·
Registered
110 Posts
To be fair, the driver assist package is a bit pony...
Seriously have to disagree here. Best set of gadgets ever IMHO, although I have turned off the lane keeping aid. Did love the way it told me to get my hands back on the steering wheel though :)
I do some reasonable freeway driving and adaptive is brill. The way it keeps me on track going downhill has saved my wallet (and points balance) more than a few times. The only time I've scraped the gutter is when I've manually parked.
For Aussie: toasty bum, & dead cow + sunmonocle (rear tinting) came with it, requested sunglasses (full tinting) + DSP. Seriously wanted the moonroof but too long a wait.

·
Registered
382 Posts
-rain sensor, Another feature I would pay for again.

Would like to try out some of the driver support pack and would also have loved some parking sensors.
Parking sensor is really useful and is the best I've had on any car, it seems to give a wide 'clear' area around the vehicle and even picks-up high kerbs. With the price of bodywork these days rear sensors at least are a must imho.

The rain sensor is okay but why can't it be turned on permanently like most other vehicles? Same with the lights, i'd have thought 'auto' should be standard. Mine's never been off the central position since day one!

And before someone has a go for 'moaning', I STILL love this darned car!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Went for the winter pack - love the xenon headlights
Full heated leather - God send for my early starts
Flexi load floor - not used much but good idea.

One thing i didnt get which i wish i had was auto dimming rear view mirror. On that note does anyone know if it possible to do as an upgrade?

Reason wipers dont stay on auto all the time is incase the wipers have froze overnight stops you damaging them

·
Registered
196 Posts
One thing i didnt get which i wish i had was auto dimming rear view mirror. On that note does anyone know if it possible to do as an upgrade?
It should be pretty straight forward to swap to the auto dimming mirror. If it is anything like the C30, all the wiring for the feature will be in the head lining waiting to be connected...I can't remember if you'd need a software update though, or if it's plug and play.
It's a nice feature though, I have it on my C30.

Marc

·
Premium Member
459 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Has anyone got Push Button Start? I think it was a $325 option and I went for it.
Also packaged mine with tinted windows, drivers assist pack, glass roof and heated front seats.
I reckon Volvo need to lift their game on the price of their options -$1750 for metallic paint, $2,500 for the glass roof - it doesn't even open. Would have loved if they had sliding roof like the Benz.
If the V40T5-R was 5k cheaper - say at $34,999 they would have definitely sold alot more - I haven't seen one on the road yet!
No complaints here since the price I paid came in cheaper than a fully loaded Merc A250 and on par with a fully loaded VW GTI plus the T5-R was the standout drive and overall package for me - a no brainer in the end.
Picking mine up in 3 weeks

·
Registered
71 Posts
By 'Push Button Start' do you mean keyless? I paid the extra and got it and I think it's worth the money. I have read a few people complaining that when you have to put the key fob in the socket the keys jangle against the surround. Keeping the key in your pocket is much better. Having said that you have to be careful - I drove to the airport and hopped out and my partner started to drive home. Luckily I felt the key in my pocket and ran after him to chuck them through the window. Could of caused a fews issues ....

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
TCOB - rec retail starting price is $49,990 before onroads and options are added. We did less than that with a few minor options

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.