Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a D3 r design and I have decided to get a spare wheel and ditch the repair kit as I prefer this option. Can some body tell me what size I would need and also what is the PCD? Just incase I don't buy it rom volvo. Any info appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
V40 D3 R-Design Lux. Rebel Blue, Auto Dim Mirror, Memory seats/mirrors, Lux winter pack, DAB radio, Rear Camera, Privacy Glass, Floor divider.

·
Super Moderator
459 Posts
louisdoberman said:
Hi, I have a D3 r design and I have decided to get a spare wheel and ditch the repair kit as I prefer this option. Can some body tell me what size I would need and also what is the PCD? Just incase I don't buy it rom volvo. Any info appreciated.

V40 D3 R-Design Lux. Rebel Blue, Auto Dim Mirror, Memory seats/mirrors, Lux winter pack, DAB radio, Rear Camera, Privacy Glass, Floor divider.
Dear louisdoberman

go there : http://www.wheelfitment.eu/car/Volvo/V40%20(2012%20-%20)/

What impressed me is that according to this guide on PCD, all Volvo V40 models have the same wheel characteristics, regardless of the engine !
[hr]
More info

The spare wheel size is 115/90 R16" and the price in Greece (Volvo price) is 73 euro (jack included).

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
raytint said:
louisdoberman said:

Dear louisdoberman

go there : http://www.wheelfitment.eu/car/Volvo/V40%20(2012%20-%20)/

What impressed me is that according to this guide on PCD, all Volvo V40 models have the same wheel characteristics, regardless of the engine !
[hr]
More info

The spare wheel size is 115/90 R16" and the price in Greece (Volvo price) is 73 euro (jack included).
Thanks raytint, most useful

·
Registered
945 Posts
Look for one off a x-type jag via ebay, loads of the guys on the focus ST forum went for this rather paying dealer prices, the daft thing was on the ST the spare was a no cost option (I was clever and opted for it but most missed it)

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
I thought the V40's all come with spare wheel, as mine has one.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I thought the V40's all come with spare wheel, as mine has one.
Depends what market you are in. Here in Australia - and in SA as you have pointed out - a space saver spare is standard fitment for the V40. In most European markets its a extra cost option.

Tony

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Here in SA you need a spare wheel, with all the potholes, repair kit isn't going to help you much when your wheel is bent

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
@yellowbelly Yes, that report is old, there was a new report the other day in the news (http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Red-tape-trips-up-free-pothole-repairs-20120504) that this company (think they worked with an insurance company or it was an insurance) was ordered to stop their services by the Government, as our government doesn't like competition. People who actually get things done, but NO!!! While almost all the municipalities are bankrupt, and don't have the man power or money because of corruption, potholes don't get fixed, or only weeks after they have appeared.

In Jhb (ANC controlled) they do get fixed, but it takes them a few days or weeks, and eventually they get fixed. Some other ANC regions don't even bother, there is only patches of tar road, and not the other way around. Not to sure about Cape Town (DA controlled), and there everything just works and gets fixed.

Same with traffic lights, when Jhb traffic lights just smell any rain, they are out of order.

PS! ANC = Current government, useless political party, DA = opposition party (should be new government)

·
Super Moderator
459 Posts
Anyone having an emergency spare wheel on a V40/D2 can inform me about the tire dimensions ?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Anyone having an emergency spare wheel on a V40/D2 can inform me about the tire dimensions ?
I've not seen one, but this says it's 115/90 R16. http://www.volvopartshop.com/space-saver-wheel-kit---v40v40xc-2013--11590r16-10671-p.asp

A bit of Googling suggests that the full designation of the tyre is T 115/60 R16 92M. http://www.ityre.com/en/tyres/catalog/continental/model/20708/

T denotes temporary use.
92 denotes maximum load 630kg

However, I could be wrong! :blush:

·
Super Moderator
459 Posts
No, you are not ! :)
I think that another possibility is 125/80/R17.
Anyway, the "funny" side of it all is the price, accompanied by the fact that this tire, most probably, can not be repaired. They ask more than 400 Euros here (Greece) for the complex of wheel and jack!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Today I was quoted 282 euros for a Volvo v40 tempa spare wheel kit in Ireland. My V40 R-Design (which I purchased as a demo with 12 kilometres on the clock)) came with a repair kit and I'm very annoyed with Volvo Ireland that they would not agree to a simple swap.

·
Super Moderator
459 Posts
Funny! (and fuzzy!). If you get the spare wheel and jack when ordering the car (meaning you do no get the repair kit) you pay 73 euros more. If you get the repair kit and later you ask for the spare wheel and jack, the dealer quotes a price of more than 400 euros!
Anyway, I have used the repair kit once. It is VERY easy to use and you do not get tired or dirty. Only disadvantage, the price for the new sealant bottle: 53 euros! And, more surprising, the dealer does not have any bottles in stock. They order it and comes 10 days later (from Germany - Continental stuff it is), with your name printed on a tag on the bottle. To laugh or not to laugh !?!?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Funny! (and fuzzy!). If you get the spare wheel and jack when ordering the car (meaning you do no get the repair kit) you pay 73 euros more. If you get the repair kit and later you ask for the spare wheel and jack, the dealer quotes a price of more than 400 euros!
Anyway, I have used the repair kit once. It is VERY easy to use and you do not get tired or dirty. Only disadvantage, the price for the new sealant bottle: 53 euros! And, more surprising, the dealer does not have any bottles in stock. They order it and comes 10 days later (from Germany - Continental stuff it is), with your name printed on a tag on the bottle. To laugh or not to laugh !?!?
What's the difference between the bottle of fluid that costs 53 euros and an Emergency Tyre Puncture Repair aerosol that I can get in Halfords for a tenner?:s

·
Registered
630 Posts
What's the difference between the bottle of fluid that costs 53 euros and an Emergency Tyre Puncture Repair aerosol that I can get in Halfords for a tenner?:s
The price difference is probably because Halfords sell a lot more than Volvo, so Halfords benefits from the economies of scale.

·
Super Moderator
459 Posts
Not that sure, but ... can you repair and use anew your tire if you apply this "Emergency Tyre Puncture Repair aerosol" ? And, only because I am curious, what's a "tenner" ? :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts