kdg123
tigger
TCB007 (taking care of business)
brissim

Sorry if I forgot anyone.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'm Tony (brissim) from Brisbane. Have to admit we're not actually in the V40 club yet.

I'm a long time Volvo owner with our second car being a 2009 C30 T5. We spent a fair amount of time last year road testing the full range of compact luxury hatches which were all launched or upgraded about the same time. I'm obviously biased but in the end we decided the V40 T5 was the best all-rounder to replace our C30.

We didn't pull the pin at the time mainly because we were disappointed that the T5 was only available in Australia in the R-design spec. Besides the firmer ride what we particularly couldn't accept was the black-only interior. All of our cars have always had the light leather. It just looks so much classier than boring black. I can assure you black leather in not cool in sub-tropical Brisbane.

Later in the year to got to test drive the V40 CC T5 AWD. Not only did we find the ride more compliant, it was available in the Luxury spec which allowed the full range of both interior leather colours, but also a wider range of exterior colours (our preferred exterior colour of biarritz blue is not available in the T5 R-Design spec).

While we have found our car, at this stage we are still holding off until we hear details of the timing of the new drive-E engines and new auto transmission into the V40. I'm reading very encouraging reports about both the new T5 engine and the new 8-speed auto. As a consolation prize for not getting a V40, we have recently had the Polestar tune added to our C30 T5 and are loving it.

Stay tuned.

Tony

·
Registered
71 Posts
Kevin in Potts Point Sydney - details in my signature. Very happy with my car! Agree, in my opinion the black interior or any dark colour is not very good but personal choices and I like to stay away from the norm.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Picking up my v40t5-r in a few weeks time. bought from altitude - guys there were great, got a super deal, 5yr free service & warranty - 55k driveaway, roof, heated seats, push button start, driver support pack and tinted windows.

·
Registered
110 Posts
John from Sthn Highlands NSW.
12 month anniversary end of next month.
Details below.
Deals are better now than when the car was first about, but love it :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm Alan, and I'm an alcoholic.......ooh, sorry, wrong forum! Lol

I'm from Panania, Sydney and drive a V40 T5 R-Design MY14 with just over 2,150k's on the clock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.