Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just returned home from my daily commute through humid, polluted, busy, noisy roads and I feel completely relaxed and refreshed. Why? I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I drive a V40 :) I thought I would share the reasons (and spread some "positive vibes"!):

1. I feel like I am sat in my easy chair at home when I am in my car - my seat and armrest is so comfy and the suede/leather is so nice - sometimes I have to remind myself I am actually in control of a vehicle!

2. I have City safety so if my attention wanders in stop start traffic I know I'm safe :)

3. My V40 is so well sound proofed I can crank up some chilled out music and can barely hear a sound from outside

4. I switch on the "Air recirculation timer" and the pollution filter kicks in when a bus is in front of me belching out fumes but I just enjoy nice cool air from my climate control with no bad smell :) so I can let out buses from time to time and it doesn't bother me.

5. My steering wheel feels so nice and chunky and spongy

6. I feel totally safe as I'm driving the safest car on the road :)

7. As I get home my trip computer reads 47.9MPG despite the fact I have been in stop start traffic all the way!

There we go - 7 reasons to love your commute all because you own a V40 :-D

·
Registered
175 Posts
Good list, although I can't agree with point 7, if I've had a very well behaved commute home, I can get about 27 mpg, if I've had a slightly more fun commute, I can easily drop down to the low 20s.

I've not had City Safety do anything yet, so not sure I trust that it exists!

·
Registered
718 Posts
City Safety does work, it occasionally stops me dead as I approach the garage door, if I am a tad too quick.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Feeling relaxed is absolutely right, for me it's the main difference between this car and any other I've owned. My reasons are:

1. Adaptive Cruise Control. Incredible. Drove Dundee to Reading and back one weekend recently and could easily have got right back in the car and done it again after a cuppa. I use this every journey (I drive between urban & rural roads every day, around 20k a year).

That one's so far above all the others (some of which you mentioned) that I'm going to stop there!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.