Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the thread says - a regular domestic washing machine (approx 60 by 60 by 85cm..). With the seats down.. My measurements say marginal/maybe no. But I'd be interested if anyone else has done this before I test my back trying to get the bloody thing in!
:)

·
Registered
409 Posts
I'd say probably yes: I've had a standard under-counter freezer in ours which should be very similar. The tight bit is the boot hatch opening height as you slide it in. I have the flexi floor which helps slide things in with the back seats down

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. That's very helpful. A bit of ply between the back and front of the boot will help (I've a deep booted D2)

·
Registered
409 Posts
I have a half decent removal blanket which is very useful for putting under things like this. With the deep floor it might be easier to get it half way in and then lift the front end over the lip with the back on the sill.

I was surprised it wasn't easier when I did it, our old mk6 fiesta swallowed things like this with ease.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm guessing no, but do let us know. :smile2:

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a half decent removal blanket which is very useful for putting under things like this. With the deep floor it might be easier to get it half way in and then lift the front end over the lip with the back on the sill.

I was surprised it wasn't easier when I did it, our old mk6 fiesta swallowed things like this with ease.

Yes - I use an old nylon rectangular sleeping bag (unfolded) for this.. Nice and slippy...

Bizarrely I might end up using MrsTT's 11 plate polo!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've had an under-counter fridge freezer , desktop pc and microwave in mine at the same time and to be honest once it was in there was still room (all back seats folded down), the fridge kept sliding side to side on the journey.

It was hard work lifting it in through the relatively small high narrow boot opening by myself but I think you'll be fine if you have a relatively strong friend/spouse/neighbour to help. Don't forget to put down old blankets etc to protect from any moisture that leaks out!

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
It depends on how big the washing machine is. I have a Samsung 13kg top loader, and it didn't fit in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bumping this topic...

I have to carry a washing machine (standard size, same as original poster) pretty soon.
So I'd like to know if it will fit into the V40.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, I gave a try and sadly it won't fit, just because of the trunk threshold.
You can't push the machine far enough (unless you want to tear the roof sky).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts