Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My discs turned up today.

I am not uploading them yet as have to do a few miles from Friday so though best to wait incase I need the nav.

Anyway as per the title when I update the nav will it delete the POI's (speed cameras, McDonald's etc) I have installed?

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Volvo unit used gpx, the free poi's n the site are not available in this format so you need to save csv files and get a free converter off the net that changes them into gpx files.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Managed 2 disc of the update so far, unless the last couple are short it is taking more like 8 hours to install :0(

Anyway got my nav back but whilst my poi's are still there it has lost all the icons/symbols for them :0( thankfully had the memory stick with them all on still in the car so stuck them back in (not done the cameras yet as they need updating anyway)

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Seems the maps in my cars satnav needs some updating, as I could not find one street where I needed to go, had to use Google Maps on my phone

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.