Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,
First, let me start and say thank you for this great forum. I found a lot of useful info here.
I was the proud owner of V40 T4 Rdesign which I bought new at the beginning of 2018.
It was a lovely car and and had zero issues with it.
I just sold it after 45K KM and instead bought 2019 V40CC T5 4X4 with all possible options included.
The car is as new with only 17K KM on it.
I love my new T5 CC, it is more powerful, comfortable and I think it looks much better.

The only issue with my new T5 CC is wind noise and some kind of annoying whistling coming from the front windshield area above 100KM/H.
My car is still under warranty, I already went to the dealer shop to fix it. They have applied some black silicon glue on the corners of the windshield
at the spot of the roof bar connections to the windshield seal. No major improvement and I still have the same noise.

I already invest allot of time to try and fix it by myself, I have searched this forum and other as well. Checked all sealing strips around the doors frame and under the bonnet.
I also tried to tape all gaps around the bonnet, mirrors and windshield with no luck to find the source.

Very important to mention that my V40 T4 didn't suffer from this noise.
If anybody gets to the root of this please let me know as I am desperate to fix this. It is such a brilliant car.... And the wind noise just spoils the whole experience.

Here is a picture of the two cars together. My previous T4 RD and current T5 CC

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I have the same problem. A little is due to the external slot of the radiator grill. I am also investigating the remainder. I have to try to completely remove the grill.

Hello everyone,
First, let me start and say thank you for this great forum. I found a lot of useful info here.
I was the proud owner of V40 T4 Rdesign which I bought new at the beginning of 2018.
It was a lovely car and and had zero issues with it.
I just sold it after 45K KM and instead bought 2019 V40CC T5 4X4 with all possible options included.
The car is as new with only 17K KM on it.
I love my new T5 CC, it is more powerful, comfortable and I think it looks much better.

The only issue with my new T5 CC is wind noise and some kind of annoying whistling coming from the front windshield area above 100KM/H.
My car is still under warranty, I already went to the dealer shop to fix it. They have applied some black silicon glue on the corners of the windshield
at the spot of the roof bar connections to the windshield seal. No major improvement and I still have the same noise.

I already invest allot of time to try and fix it by myself, I have searched this forum and other as well. Checked all sealing strips around the doors frame and under the bonnet.
I also tried to tape all gaps around the bonnet, mirrors and windshield with no luck to find the source.

Very important to mention that my V40 T4 didn't suffer from this noise.
If anybody gets to the root of this please let me know as I am desperate to fix this. It is such a brilliant car.... And the wind noise just spoils the whole experience.

Here is a picture of the two cars together. My previous T4 RD and current T5 CC View attachment 16695

·
Registered
614 Posts
I think I know....

I have this and it is really annoying. But it you open the drivers window (Right hand drive) and squeeze the back plastic of the outside mirror down, it stops.
With mine, the wind squeezes through and whistles. I have lived with it, but some people refit the cover with a little silicone along the bottom which fixes it.

Next time it happens, open the window and press down on the back of the mirror cover.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for the replies.
Some answers:
- I dont think its coming from the grill, its sound much closer around the front windshield.
- I have covered the roof rails with duct tape and still got the noise.
- I have folded the mirrors in while driving and no improvement or any change as well, I also taped the bottom section with no change.

I will try to find some time to go to the dealer shop again. Till then I will listening to some music to eliminate this issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi, quick update on this issue. I was able to solve the whistling problem by filling the gaps between the head light to the bonnet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts