Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else's V40 make whistling noise when going faster than 100 km/h (60 mph)?

Mine makes the noise that seems to come from right front window. Left side makes no noise. Noise begins when I hit 105 km/h, quite annoying.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Twister said:
Does anyone else's V40 make whistling noise when going faster than 100 km/h (60 mph)?

Mine makes the noise that seems to come from right front window. Left side makes no noise. Noise begins when I hit 105 km/h, quite annoying.
No noise at all from mine.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Could be wing mirrors, this was an issue with the C30. Have a look and see if there are any open spaces on the under side of the mirror that you could temporarily cover and test.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mine has no noise but the D2 that I drove in the test drive made that kind of noise. Only perceptible for speeds greater then 100km/h - 110km/h and from the right side of the window. I think it was from one of the air vents. I told the seller in the end of the test drive and He told me they were going to send the car to the mechanic to investigate and get it fixed.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Cavs said:
Mine has no noise but the D2 that I drove in the test drive made that kind of noise. Only perceptible for speeds greater then 100km/h - 110km/h and from the right side of the window. I think it was from one of the air vents. I told the seller in the end of the test drive and He told me they were going to send the car to the mechanic to investigate and get it fixed.
have not noticed any problem regarding wind noise in my D SE Lux

Volvo 154

·
Registered
9 Posts
volvo154 said:
Cavs said:
have not noticed any problem regarding wind noise in my D SE Lux

Volvo 154
No noises here in my D2. I'd take it to the dealer right away.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Seems like mine too have this problem, have you fixed yours?

Did not check the mirrors, too damm cold outside today.

·
Registered
8 Posts
In winter time and frost you can hear all noises :dodgy:. My volvo S60 has a sound in left door in winter time but not in sommertime:cool:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Maybe thats it, but the car still needs some work at the dealer. The gear is not working properly. Its slow at the left side (first and second gear) and will not "jump" to neutral gear if you let go of the gear shift between gear. Its not smooth anymore, maybe it didnt handle 30C below zero!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Kidu
My D2 is doing the same thing. It started a week or so ago. The temperature here in the UK has not been much below -3 degrees, so the fault may not be temperature related. How many km's have you driven?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Only about 3000KM

Miles203 said:
Hi Kidu
My D2 is doing the same thing. It started a week or so ago. The temperature here in the UK has not been much below -3 degrees, so the fault may not be temperature related. How many km's have you driven?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mine was back at the dealers shop. They tried to tape / mask many places from the car, but whistling sound source was not found. I'll take it back in a week or two so they will take a look at it again.

Let's hope Volvo will figure it out and send instructions to dealers...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Kidu,
Did you get any resolution to your sticky gear lever? I have just had my 12500 mile service and raised the same sticky gear lever problem with the dealer. I was told it is due to driving most of the time in 6th gear. They greased the joints and the gear lever is much better.

·
Registered
100 Posts
They frst thought it needed some grease, but they had to replaced a broken wire, so its fixed now.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Seems like the noise is coming from the window, if I take it down just a tiny bit, the noise is ten times louder.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Took the car to the shop today and the chief mechanic came along for a drive just to hear the wind noise and whistling. He verified the noise and the car is going to the shop later this month. Hope they find the source. I'll keep you updated.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
About this Discussion
65 Replies
26 Participants
Pchende
Volvo V40 Forums
If you've ever wondered what modifications or upgrades you can do to a Volvo V40, this is the right owners club for you.
Full Forum Listing