Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Still new to my V40 2015 cross-country - How do you open the windows while sitting in the car with no engine running?

Towing.
I will be towing the caravan in the next week, What position should the ECO switch be in?

Thanks,
paul.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Push the start button without your foot on brake/clutch, you will get power to almost everything without starting the engine.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Assuming you have an Auto (Geartronic) hence the question about the Eco button. If towing a caravan, would suggest you switch it off...in Eco+ my gears tend to change around the 2k mark rpm wise, which if you have a caravan, it's better to leave it in normal mode and upshift later around mid 2k mark to avoid labouring the engine.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi KXL,
Thanks for your advice, will keep the ECO switched off when towing. While on ECO switch position, when in town driving is the switch better engaged off or on?
Podger.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hi KXL,
Thanks for your advice, will keep the ECO switched off when towing. While on ECO switch position, when in town driving is the switch better engaged off or on?
Podger.
Me personally I prefer it on Eco mode on, in town, as it kinda doesn't allow me to speed haha, as the pedal travel longer for the given amount of power, and it upshifts faster, oh and the engine would come to a stop (start stop) even if you are still rolling to a stop doing 1-3 mph, which may or may not be to your taste. If I want to go quickly from the lights, I just push the gear into S mode, and back to D (on Eco) once I reach the desired speed. For driving outside the city, I just keep it off, and it makes no difference...it would be on the top 6th gear anyway most of the time, and I would like to make progress when accelerating.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ohh man, should have asked the same thing a couple of months ago before towing. I didn't know what to do with the Eco, so i let it turned on the whole time. I was actually wondering why the gearbox was so slow, and it was feeling like even the engine did not have enough power. To be honest, i actually forgot about the eco mode, as i use it always, every single day every single moment. I heard that i can actually get some problems with the gearbox due to it, is that right? After towing that caravan i was like, the next time i will need to tow something, i will call for expresstowing.ie, as i was afraid that i could break my car. However, it was that eco mode.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi,
Since asking the original question I have towed about 1.000 miles, the car handled superbly with my Abbey safari. - going up rather steep hills at 50 mph I could only dream about with my last car Ford Scorpio 2.3. Paul.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts