Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just got my v40 a few days ago. As per the ritual with new cars, been cautiously checking out everything to make sure there r no issues.

One thing im not sure is normal is the plastic cover/housing that covers up the sensors on the front windscreen... Mine seems quite loose, with a fairly big gap at the part where it meets the roof lining. At least about half a cm.

Is this normal?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hi. If nobody else has replied, I'll have a look on my way home after work.

Reactions: Abudden

·
Registered
227 Posts
gap

Hi all, just got my v40 a few days ago. As per the ritual with new cars, been cautiously checking out everything to make sure there r no issues.

One thing im not sure is normal is the plastic cover/housing that covers up the sensors on the front windscreen... Mine seems quite loose, with a fairly big gap at the part where it meets the roof lining. At least about half a cm.

Is this normal?
No gap at all with mine its flush

·
Registered
175 Posts
Sorry, forgot to update the thread.

Mines pretty much flush, maybe a 2 - 3 mm gap between it and the roof. Fits tightly, no movement.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok, mine has about 3 to 3.5mm gap between the housing and the roof lining. It does look a bit odd to me, as would have expected the fitting to be precise without any gap at all.

In any case, I have tried removing the housing myself to see if it was a case of poor fitting or if it can be adjusted in any way... no luck, it looks like it was designed that way, and nothing can be done to get the gap to be smaller (except maybe it the roof lining can be moved a few mm further in front!)

BTW, just a heads up: the plastic cover housing is a pain to remove. not the large cover itself, but the small plastic piece you have to remove first which sits right in the middle front of it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.