Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I noticed a few days ago that all the Winter Pack features stopped working. The seats don't heat up any more, the electric windshield doesn't work, and the headlight sprayers don't activate. I noticed the windshield first, but I think they all stopped working either at the same time or very close together. It was a relief to find the heated seats and the sprayers not working -- I was dreading having to replace the windshield.

All the buttons light up as they should. It's a 2015 1.6 D2.

Has anyone experienced something like this before? Is there a fuse or something that governs all these features?

Any help would be immensely appreciated.

Cheers!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Have you checked all the fuses?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Hi guys,

I noticed a few days ago that all the Winter Pack features stopped working. The seats don't heat up any more, the electric windshield doesn't work, and the headlight sprayers don't activate. I noticed the windshield first, but I think they all stopped working either at the same time or very close together. It was a relief to find the heated seats and the sprayers not working -- I was dreading having to replace the windshield.

Has anyone experienced something like this before? Is there a fuse or something that governs all these features?

Cheers!
I think the fuses for the Winter pack are spread between all 3 fuseboxes, engine compartment, glove compartment and under the seat, so it would be strange for them all to fail at once.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi guys,

Cheers!
I think the headlight washers activate every third time you use the lever, there have been other threads about these. The little covers can get stuck or the hoses could leak slightly meaning there isn't enough water pressure. Worth checking in case it's a separate fault.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
thinking out loud... hows the battery, would those features hibernate if battery was low?
Heated seats used to work OK even with a low battery warning -- I got the car second hand. Maybe the battery degraded over the last while. The rear window and rear view mirrors still defog no problem, so I'm inclined to think that this has something to do with winter pack.

·
Registered
193 Posts
The 'Winter Pack' is just a marketing assembly not a technical group. So no connection between the various items.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got on to the local Volvo dealership, going to have to drop the car in for diagnostics. I'm starting to think this might be a software thing -- I don't think there is a connection between the various items other than in the software.

I'll make sure to update this thread with any new info.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I think the headlight washers activate every third time you use the lever, there have been other threads about these. The little covers can get stuck or the hoses could leak slightly meaning there isn't enough water pressure. Worth checking in case it's a separate fault.
Just correcting myself here, my manual says every fifth time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just correcting myself here, my manual says every fifth time.
I actually started keeping an eye out for them -- they don't seem to activate at all any more. I would normally notice the mist, and you can also hear them.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I actually started keeping an eye out for them -- they don't seem to activate at all any more. I would normally notice the mist, and you can also hear them.
It's every 5th time, and only at speed.
They won't activate when stationary.

·
Registered
MY17 T3
3 Posts
That’s weird… mine MY17 activates every five times and always trying to help me to wash the driveway when I wash my windscreen before I left house🤣

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for that, I'll try it on the motorway this evening. Not too hopeful, to be honest -- I've been keeping an eye out for them for the last couple of weeks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, I was resolved to bringing the car into the Volvo dealer as soon as I can, and then the headlamp washer triggered this morning out of nowhere. I didn't do anything out of the ordinary, I'm normally fairly liberal with the windshield sprayers (live in the country). I tried the heated seat, and sure enough that was working as well. It's too warm out to check the windshield, but I'm hoping that's back too. So it looks like the winter pack took a few weeks holidays. I'm hoping against hope that this is the end of it, but the realist in me is waiting for this gremlin to come strutting back.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts