Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys,

I am a new member and an owner of a V40 for 6 months now. I have the following questions: Could somebody help me out here please??

i recently fitted the winter tyres 205/55 R16 from Dunlop. My earlier summer tyres were R17 mannan alloys from Pirelli.

1. What is the right tyre pressure for the winter tyres? Is it the same as the summer tyres?
2. Will the winter tyres be less economical compared to the summer tyres and how is the performance compromised by moving to a 16' from 17' inch tyres??

Kindly let me know and thank you for your help.

Best regards,
Abi

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Luckily where I stay, we don't have this issue, we drive the same tyre all year round. Does the manual for Germany not specify what the tyres and tyre pressure should be?

·
Registered
630 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Guys,

I am a new member and an owner of a V40 for 6 months now. I have the following questions: Could somebody help me out here please??

i recently fitted the winter tyres 205/55 R16 from Dunlop. My earlier summer tyres were R17 mannan alloys from Pirelli.

1. What is the right tyre pressure for the winter tyres? Is it the same as the summer tyres?
2. Will the winter tyres be less economical compared to the summer tyres and how is the performance compromised by moving to a 16' from 17' inch tyres??

Kindly let me know and thank you for your help.

Best regards,
Abi

1. Yes. 26 bar for 205/55 R16.
2. Being narrower, they often reduce fuel consumption slightly, but probably wear more easily.

High speed, breaking and cornering performance is compromised not by the change in size, but because the tires are softer. They work better on snow and ice, though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.