Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of having winter tyres fitted, decent tyres at a reasonable price. Has anyone had winter tyres fitted on their V40 and how did the car perform with them? did you get two for the front wheels or a full set? and finally any winter tyre sugestions, 205/50/R17

Cheers in advance.............

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've bought Nokian D3 after I've read many positive opinions in the internet. I've been also thinking about Continental ContiWinterContact TS850.
I haven't tried my winter tyres yet, so I can't say much more. (I'm waiting for the car with winter tyres on ;) ).

As Yellowbelly said - buying just 2 winter tyres is very bad idea.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm thinking of having winter tyres fitted, decent tyres at a reasonable price. Has anyone had winter tyres fitted on their V40 and how did the car perform with them? did you get two for the front wheels or a full set? and finally any winter tyre sugestions, 205/50/R17

Cheers in advance.............
I have same 205/50/R17 tyres, but i could not find same size winter tyres for Continental ContiWinterContact TS850. Do you have any suggestion what size would be best for 205/50/R17 ?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I did quite a lot of internet research recently, Continental TS850 seems to get consistently good reviews and virtually trashed competition in a number of tests. It seems to be the best winter tyre around.

I am about to order the Nokian WR A3 - somewhat cheaper, but still a very good tyre by most reviews.

---------------------
Volvo V40 D2 Momentum, Ice White, Premium Sound, BLIS+LKA+RSI, TFT Display, Heated Windscreen, Rear Park Assist, Active High Beam, Power Child Lock

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.