21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Reactions: Stueeee

·
Registered
942 Posts
I'm thinking I might just pass on ordering one...
42C again today & bushfire season is back with a vengeance... 7 homes lost in Victoria over the last few days.
My thoughts are with our southern bretheren :crying:

·
Registered
630 Posts
I have an ice scraper that I was given 50 years ago and it still functions perfectly. On the opposite side to the scraping side it has a rubber squeegee blade set into the plastic so that you can finish off the job. I believe it came from Norway. It measures 60mm x 95mm so there's no problem of where to keep it in the car.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I'm thinking I might just pass on ordering one...
42C again today & bushfire season is back with a vengeance... 7 homes lost in Victoria over the last few days.
My thoughts are with our southern bretheren :crying:
Totally agree you have dreadful life changing fires as they do in the southern states of the usa were our daughter lives, on a visit we had never seen any thing like it going from Georgia to Florida a few years ago, miles and miles of burnt forest pine and homes, doesn't happen in the uk to that scale, floods are more of a problem, our thoughts go with you.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thanks mate! I'll have a look when I can find time during precious daylight (I hate this time of year!)
It'll be embarassing if its been there for 11months without me noticing it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
ice scraper now in situ

Just had my first service at Abergavenny Volvo and enquired about their famous ice scraper. Its only a piece of badged white plastic but
The nice chaps there gave me one for free,:grin2:
And it slots in quite nicely too:grin2::grin2:

·
Registered
296 Posts
I followed the 'ice sraping time' link as suggested by sdp but the picture links do not open for me .. any chance someone could post another image of the scraper in the slot please?

·
Registered
771 Posts
Yes I managed to get to the 'ice sraping time' link ok but cannot open either image in the posting made by egb 18-12-2015, 11:33 AM
http://www.volvov40club.com/forums/13-exterior/p...pictureid=1650
http://www.volvov40club.com/forums/13-exterior/p...pictureid=1658

pictures of ice scraper located in door pocket
well have tried to but links don't work for me either and I no longer have the copies in my album, but the ice scraper is just a flat bit of plastic not the one with the fur or whatever on, and it just slides into the runners toward the back of the drivers door pocket at an angle with just the top of one corner showing, hope you can work that out from this description as not able to leave our bungalow at this time :shy:

Attachments

Reactions: peanut

·
Registered
1 Posts
So, the first car scraping of the season happened today. And, it's the first time I've ever scraped the volvo. So, the drivers side wiper blade wont come up, catches on the bonnet when i try to lift it.

Is there something i should be doing different? My old car, the blades would fold down if i hit the stalk without the engine running, but they were the kind that usually lived along either side of the windshield.

Do i need to pop the bonnet to lift that one up? Bit of a faff to go through twice a day!
Yes

21 - 36 of 36 Posts