Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving the T5 model and feel the software which running in my car lack of something that it very useful driver and it can configurable on the My car setting to fit each driver like

1. Auto door unlock when ship to P or shut down engine,
2. Auto engage the safe home light each time you shut down engine or it can be sense the outside light rather then to do it manually every time
3. Auto wiper was disengage every time your shut off engine and need to reactivate it if you want
4. Auto high beam also need to engage manually each time you start engine.
5. DRL will not dim but it shut off when main beam was activated.
6. Speed up menu response when using bluetooth for phone name list.
7. Air con need to setup to allow manual shut down heater when not need, it bother me a lot when outside temperature is over 30C, and some time it blow out warm air from mixing cold and hot air.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Also my wishes is:
1) Rear light with front DRL (now rear lights are off with DRL - bad solution, Audi switch on both DRL and rear ligths)
2) "SMS arrived" icon and sound alert when mobile phone connected via Bluetooth
3) All doors unlock when driver dorr opened inside and "all doors unlock" checked in CAR menu
4) CZIP function activation remotely via VOC

·
Registered
155 Posts
Symbol for lights at the dashboard - DRLs and/or dipped beam.

---------------------
Volvo V40 D2 Momentum, Ice White, Premium Sound, BLIS+LKA+RSI, TFT Display, Heated Windscreen, Rear Park Assist, Active High Beam, Power Child Lock

·
Registered
175 Posts
Somehow prevent Stop/Start from stopping the engine while I shift into reverse to park the car. Really annoying.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Somehow prevent Stop/Start from stopping the engine while I shift into reverse to park the car. Really annoying.

The only reason I can think that it does this is because you engage neutral And then lift your foot off the clutch before putting it into reverse? Or is this an automatic gearbox "feature"?

·
Registered
175 Posts
It's because you have to stop (momentarily) before you shift to reverse. That millisecond of stationary means the Start/Stop kicks in.

There's a button on the auto knob that you press to release the shifter, would be great if Start/Stop was disabled when this was held down.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
It's because you have to stop (momentarily) before you shift to reverse. That millisecond of stationary means the Start/Stop kicks in.

There's a button on the auto knob that you press to release the shifter, would be great if Start/Stop was disabled when this was held down.
I hear what you say. It sometimes kicks in just to quickly. Have had it in slow crawling traffic with the geartronic box, you just press to much on the brake, and it switches off, 1 second later traffic moves and you leave the pedal, and it starts again.

·
Registered
227 Posts
always off

I hear what you say. It sometimes kicks in just to quickly. Have had it in slow crawling traffic with the geartronic box, you just press to much on the brake, and it switches off, 1 second later traffic moves and you leave the pedal, and it starts again.
This function irritated me to no end so mine is by passed and cannot be switched on at all

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
i disagree i love the fact that only the drivers door unlocks when i get out
Here in SA probably a good thing your doors stay locked when you stopped and switched your car off. You never know who is standing next to your car pulling the door open.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Option for when the gearbox is put in sport mode, the TFT theme automatically changes to performance.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Anyone know when the next software is due out? Do current cars definitely get updates, or do they just put the new software in brand new cars?

·
Registered
395 Posts
I understand that you can also ask and they will check what you have installed. I have had my car 4 months and already had a gearbox update and a DAB update.
OldCroc

·
Registered
97 Posts
Also my wishes is:
1) Rear light with front DRL (now rear lights are off with DRL - bad solution, Audi switch on both DRL and rear ligths)
The model year 2014 does this as standard and you can update all pre 2014 cars using vida. What I dont understand is why they charge €85 for the update here in germany! Total rip-off if you ask me...

·
Registered
395 Posts
When switching the digital speedo display to Kph it would be good if all the other references to Mph switched to Kms as well - such as the trip stats, remaining fuel distance etc. just a bit of logic........

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.