Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone changed the xenon head lights for 2017 LED xenon headlights. I have a 2015 Volvo V40 D2 and would like to change the lights but need to know if its can be done?

Would they fit without any modification?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Are you looking to swap them more for a more modern style or visibility? Having driven both LED and Bi-Xenon (new car so new bulbs) cars previously, I only found the LED's ever so slightly better on dipped beam. On Main (high beam) yes the Volvo's LEDs are noticeably better than the Bi-Xenons, but can't compared to my previous Seat Leon LEDs high beam (this one the dipped beam actually rises with the additional high beam LEDs).

·
Registered
190 Posts
Are you looking to swap them more for a more modern style or visibility? Having driven both LED and Bi-Xenon (new car so new bulbs) cars previously, I only found the LED's ever so slightly better on dipped beam. On Main (high beam) yes the Volvo's LEDs are noticeably better than the Bi-Xenons, but can't compared to my previous Seat Leon LEDs high beam (this one the dipped beam actually rises with the additional high beam LEDs).
I have changed these and two other people in the UK one of them had xenons with the active bend... His words...
The leds(thor) lights are far better than the xenons

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have changed these and two other people in the UK one of them had xenons with the active bend... His words...
The leds(thor) lights are far better than the xenons

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
How did you change them? Just buy new Thor LED lights and replace?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts