Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Thinking of replacing my toyota rav4 and would like the following please.

Assuming we were friends having a drink and casual conversation. We start talking about cars and i tell you i think about replacing my rav4 with a hatchback version of a car ...

Why would you suggest me (or not) to get the v40 / v40 cross country since you already own this or the v40 hatchback?

Thanks ! :)

·
Registered
196 Posts
The V40 is pretty much one of the nicest hatchbacks to sit in and drive, even the D2 engine is pretty much like having an uber-torquey petrol. The new Mercedes A-Class is more expensive to buy and service, the equivalent specs to the R-Design V40 gives a much harder ride and the interior just didn't feel as luxurious either. The Audi A3 is, well, the Audi A3...almost the same as the A3 last year, and the year before and just didn't quite hit the spot for us.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Well it's a great car, well specked with great Scandi design - and most importantly not one of the boring German Audi/BMW/Golf/Merc overpriced clones that everyone else goes for. You'd be setting the trend rather then following it. All very subjective of course!

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
RAV4?? Would have replaced it long time ago :p

I have the V40 T3 sport, and it is very nice. Looks bigger than the BMW 1 and Merc A class, also leg room at the back is plenty. The A3 sportback was my other choice, but saw 1 or 2 on the road, don't like the back lights, preferred 2 or 3 models ago, where the lights was square.

I love the Merc A class look, but not the price.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I changed my Rav last October for a V4o d2 se
I loved my rav and never had any problems the 3 years i had it but it was costly to run , averaging 25 mpg
I have liked the v40 equally as much if not more.
Averaging 47 mpg around the town
65 mpg at 70mph on motorway
And an amazing 86mpg sitting at 56 mph on an a road
Cheaper to insure also

1 - 5 of 5 Posts