Volvo V40 Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Will do.
Been doing more reading about master and slave cylinders.
When I bought the car I found that the whole length of the drivers side underneath was covered in an like oil substance (was mentioned in the MOT history too) I couldn't find a leak, I had the car up on axle stands, wheels off, lights in at the back of the engine, even put my GoPro in there and couldn't see anything about a leak anywhere.
I had put it down to perhaps a leaking break fluid line or something had been spilled down there in the past, was quite odd. Now I'm beginning to wonder if this has anything to do with my clutch issue but it's on the opposite side to the the gearbox and like I said down the back of the engine is all clean... very odd.

View attachment 17241
Inner drive shaft seal needed replacing on my V40 under warranty, looked exactly like yours.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've got a sticky clutch pedal. T2 Diesel, 70k miles. Garage have replaced pedal spring (it did look slightly meatier). Still sticking about once in 20 presses instead of one in 10. What do people think the solution is, and how much do I need to be prepared to pay?

·
Registered
Volvo V40 Momentum R-Design D2, 2017
75 Posts
I have the same issue of sticking pedal down to the carpet, gear changes unavailable when engine working, car doesn't move anyway. With my hand, i release the pedal and make a movement with little gar changes, only to drive home.
Now i have the dealer check just booked to see what they find.
But it's certainly the common thing, cylinder, slave or master or whatever, or leaking, i don't know.
Monday it will go for the repair and then i update with the latest news.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Remove the return spring and see if the error persists. If the fault disappears, replace the springs in the return mechanism with a softer spring.
My own experience - after replacing the clutch cylinder and clutch, the problem remained. (1200.- cost) I replaced the spring (2.5.- cost) and the problem disappeared ...

21 - 25 of 25 Posts