Volvo V40 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
It's a trade-off for making them free. The alternative is paying the dealer a load of money for the updates distributed by CD/DVD/whatever.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks for the info!

Does somebody know if you can launch the upgrade, close the car and leave the system upgrade unattended? Or do you have to stay there all the time?

·
Registered
757 Posts
See above, I left mine unlocked without the key in. On my drive in view.

·
Registered
217 Posts
You dont need to do the download to the car in one hit.
Once the systems has accepted and started it will automatically resume the download to the car each time you start and drive. Ours took about 40 minutes in total.

Only possible downside is that you dont have any satnav whilst it is doing that.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Mine took about 90 minutes on a long journey. It failed the first time after about 10 mins, I took the usb stick out when it failed and put it back in again and the second time it worked fine.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Also, when you park the car, remove the keys, open the door and the systems shut down. You can then hold the infotainment button down for a few seconds until it starts up.

It will continue for 30 minutes after you have walked away and locked your car until the infotainment system shuts down to save power.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I had the same message. Put the USB stick back in pc to check download and everything was verified as being ok. Wil try again to download the maps in the car.

·
Registered
389 Posts
One thing I did notice about this update is that it has changed the algorithm that calculates routes. I do a regular 200 mile journey, and although I know the route I always put the nav on to check for traffic updates and work out new routes when needed.

Tonight's journey offered me a completely different route to the one that the nav system has offered on every other time I have made that journey in the last 18 months.

There are no new roads on that route, I'm just wondering what has changed with the latest update?

·
Registered
757 Posts
There might be another thread on this, the last post here being almost 3 years old, but...
I just noticed that a map update was release around April 2020. Not sure when the next one might be - maybe 6 months after that?
Not having used the car to travel much lately this passed me by, but I installed it today.
Again, it might be my imagination, but it seemed to take less time than it has before.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
You dont need to do the download to the car in one hit.
Once the systems has accepted and started it will automatically resume the download to the car each time you start and drive. Ours took about 40 minutes in total.

Only possible downside is that you dont have any satnav whilst it is doing that.
I wanted to check I understand the process to do this because when I put the usb stick in, it detects it and then says 1h45min to update.

If I confirm this, drive the car for 20 mins, then switch it off, lock it and walk away, but leave the usb untouched, then come back and drive it for 30mins, will it simply continue from where it left off and not start again or corrupt the maps stored on the internal drive?

If anyone else can confirm this behavior please, that would be much appreciated
Thanks

·
Registered
675 Posts
I wanted to check I understand the process to do this because when I put the usb stick in, it detects it and then says 1h45min to update.

If I confirm this, drive the car for 20 mins, then switch it off, lock it and walk away, but leave the usb untouched, then come back and drive it for 30mins, will it simply continue from where it left off and not start again or corrupt the maps stored on the internal drive?

If anyone else can confirm this behavior please, that would be much appreciated
Thanks
Much easier.
Start the update.
When leaving the car the unit will switch off when you remove your key and open the door.
Then at this point. Hold the power button down for a couple of seconds.
The media unit will come on and continue updating.
You can then close the door and even lock your car.
Go inside and have a cuppa.
It will shut down after 30 minutes. Then you can simply go back to your car, unlock, hold the media centers power button for a few seconds to switch on and continue, lock the car and go back in the house.
Do that a couple of times and it's all done.

No need to start the cars engine or go for a drive.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Simple answer, leave it in. Yes it just carries on from where it got to.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Just a BUMP as new Updates are out an about.

Software details
Published18/02/2021
Version32319055

·
Registered
Volvo V40 Momentum R-Design D2, 2017
68 Posts
Where do i get those updates? Any links for my V40 2017?
It's for all sensus navigations systems?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Reactions: MagaDS

·
Registered
48 Posts
Looks like December 2020 is the last map available for the earlier models (mine is 2014 so Sensus 2011) - I think that’s the last one they are going to do as the system is no longer supported?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just a shame they can't split the map up a little.
Never gonna drive the car in Europe, just UK so only need that map.
The 2016 system has UK at 2GB but the one for my car (2014 onwards) has the whole of Europe in one lump :(

21 - 40 of 40 Posts