Volvo V40 Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
With the exception of T5 Polestar (with the big wheels and exhausts) most of the V40 trim levels are very stealthy. For instance if you have Momentum or Inscription T3, T4, T5 (when the latter two were avalaible), if you debadge them (which I have in mine), you can't really tell from the back, as all these have the twin split exhaust, where T2/D2 has no exhaust on show. Perhaps the only difference is disc brake size, which i believe T4/T5s need at least 17inch wheels to clear the calipers. On my T3, I can just about fit a credit card in the gap between front calipers and inner edge of rims, but boy is it tight.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Agreed. I had thought about having the twin exhaust pipes retrofitted (even bought a used rear splitter with the two holes) although I'm having second thoughts now as it will probably increase weight and not add any performance unless fitting a custom exhaust, although it does make the car look better. Also looked at lighter alloys although not sure of the benefit to unsprung mass as the standard alloys are pretty light and would the cost/benefit be worth it, I'm not sure. Apart from that I don't think there's much more you can do, other than buy a T5!

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you still want to know if your T2 can hold the added hp. Check out BSR at facebook they have done a project for the T2 with different turbo's and alott more hp. Even 400hp (with other turbo,exchaust) but with stock injectors etc etc. They were pretty supprised about the outcome. Nevertheless if it can hold another 100k miles they dunno yet ;)

Here's the story :

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Wow. Took a while going through BSR Facebook and translating. Surprising how much potential the VEA engines have. Don't think I'll source a T6 turbo just yet! Stage 1 remap to 236hp is phenomenal. I feel more comfortable now that mine seems more of a modest improvement. Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
2017 T2 R-Design
63 Posts
Good evening all. I have just got my Volvo V40 T2 Momemtum remapped (it’s the 2016 2 litre engine). I was quoted a 190bhp increase. They did a rolling road (Dyno) before and after and they were kind of giddy when they took me out on the test drive. Turns out it made 230bhp on the rolling road, I was surprised and impressed but concerned about how the car will react to such an increase in the long run. Has anyone had their T2 remapped? Also, are there any mechanical differences between the petrol engines other than tuning? The garage I used is highly respected with regards to performance remapping/tuning.
Say goodbye to your flywheel in 3 year's time

·
Registered
354 Posts
I'm in France, we have br-performance and shiftech. on my old S60 I have remapped an old D3 with vdash (D5T5), do you think it will be the to remap in a trusted shop or by a file?
I have experience with BR-performance (not on the Volvo but on Audi). They are good. They don't use a file but make a remap based on your original maps.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I know this thread was some time ago, but just got similar results from my T3 2017 which is essentially the same engine as the T2. As per earlier discussion the c. 230 hp is a calculated at engine value. At the wheels would be somewhat less, but guess this is the same for the manufacturer ratings done in a test cell at the flywheel.

Rectangle Slope Plot Font Parallel

·
Registered
2017 T2 R-Design
63 Posts
Reviving the thread to check how OP's car has lasted after the remap and if any mechanical issues related to overstress have appeared? Mainly turbo, gearbox, clutch?

21 - 31 of 31 Posts